Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:31 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,302,067 times

Advertisements

I bought my real estate company from a retired Navy Captain. He sort of ran the place like an aircraft carrier and he definitely didn't like anybody doing something in an "unapproved" manner. I wonder if the OP's agent just is still a bit rigid in his thinking?

Needless to say this aging hippie does things a bit differently
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 10:45 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,387,747 times
Back to ne, sorry you had to experience a bad agent, as when our clients ask, I want them to get the best deal out there, and if you did that to me, then I would thank you, and learn why your lender beat whomever. Then I would have a talk with my lenders, and simply share your good news, and move to find the best deal for the next time. So thanks for sharing, and I would even ask, dont you want me to get the best deal. Enjoy your new home, and good move for shopping around.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:54 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,433,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlucky110 View Post
You and I will disagree but if potential buyers read your initial post, I would bet that the majority would say that your tone is a little condescending in how you view some clients. Believe it or not.... not all of us have GPS or blackberry's. Instead of chalking it up to "differences" and "bad rapport" why not try to work through those differences with a client? Like you said clients are spending a huge amount of money......so what if a little "hand-holding" is needed or maybe that is beneath you? You want to talk about hand holding....talk to some Certified Financial Planners whose clients lost 50% of their net worth over the past 6 months.

And please....stop with the "poor real estate bashing" in this forum and suggest that it occurs because the CLIENT doesn't work well with the AGENT's style! It's NOT about you or your "style." You adapt if you need to .....to the way your client feels most comfortable. The ability to do this separates the mediocre agents from the great ones.
I didn't think the comment was condenscending. I thought the client had had a hissy-pi**y fit, and life is too short.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:41 AM

800 posts, read 3,087,486 times
Consider that many agencies try to pursuade buyers to use all of their services. While an agent may not get a referral for the mortgage or title transaction, if the agency owns all in house services, the agency benefits if a buyer uses that agency for real estate, mortgage, title and insurance.
RESPA does not preclude a real estate agent from originating the mortgage. However, a licensed real estate pro cannot do FHA, VA, Reverse or USDA mortgages.

FHA requires 3.5% down BacktoNE. The reason mortgage people push it is that it pays them very well. If you have 20% down, go conventional and you'll get a good rate and save on mortgage insurance.

If you have a problem with any professional, just ask them directly if you have done anything to offend them, get it out in the open and move on.

Before I get many messages, yes, I am a Real Estate Broker and a Mortgage Broker but just because I have both licenses, does not mean I use them. I rarely do purchase loans at all, in fact. I can only do Conventional loans anyway since I have both licenses active. I only got my mortgage license to understand the mortgage process better, if fact. I don't have time to do mortgages myself!

I do refer many mortgage loans to others but cannot take a referral for them since that is a RESPA violation. I advise buyers to get a few quotes and look at the whole picture. Sometimes, costs are higher because the loan rate is lower. Other times, costs are higher because a mortgage company or person is just making a lot of money on the deal. With a few quotes, you'll have a better picture of the deal you are getting.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:27 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,216 times
Fire the bum! He should be greeting at Wal-Mart.

While I have much respect for Servicemen and women, that no more is a credential for reputability in real estate than being a devote Christian or animal rights advocate.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:09 PM

982 posts, read 1,099,530 times
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals