Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 07:23 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,223,441 times

Advertisements

I need you all to cross your fingers for me. Toes would help, too. Open House II today. I even called on the old St. Joseph in the ground superstition. **blushing to admit it** Hey, can't hurt, right??? I put him right next to the front door so he can zap people as they walk in.

Back to cleaning. I'll let you know how it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2007, 07:37 AM

612 posts, read 2,774,089 times
I did the St Joseph in the yard trick too, don't know if it 'worked' or not but the house did sell (in Florida).

Good luck.

Old 04-28-2007, 02:03 PM

14,229 posts, read 29,962,649 times
I hope your Open House went well! I'm wishing you an offer.

I follow these threads because I have a house on the market too. My life has been on hold for more than a year trying to sell this darn house. I am so sick of cleaning, I could scream. So far, it's just been an exercise in futility. It wouldn't be so hard if there was an end to it!

The housing market has changed. There is a lot more inventory out there and buyers have more choices. The hot market is now cold. Too bad we have been spoiled by the 'good' years and all those shows on TV that make it look so easy.

You and I and lots of other people made the same mistake. We didn't or couldn't sell in 2004! It's not the realtors fault either. The market changed.

Old 04-28-2007, 02:20 PM

19,965 posts, read 30,099,140 times
good luck, nomore,,,,and keep in mind,,,just because a potential buyer,,doesnt rave about your home,,doesnt mean they arent interested,,,its a big decision,,,,,and you never know,,someone could call out of the blue,,,anytime,,and say i want your house!

Old 04-28-2007, 05:34 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,223,441 times
From your lips to God's ears, maineman. Thanks, yellowsnow, for the support. I know exactly what you mean, and my place has only been on the market for about 6 weeks.

It's been a disappointing day. Only 2 parties showed today. But, like you said, a call could come out of the blue.

The thing is, there's no way we can afford 2 houses once we've retired. One will have to go, and I don't know how we can force somebody to buy either place. We're both really discouraged now.

But I'm hanging in there and keep telling DH that it will sell. Thanks again, everybody.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:51 AM

229 posts, read 231,563 times
hey nomoresnow... at no time did I ever mean to suggest that you give him up !!! Just let him flirt a bit... you are going to Fla. !!!! They will be in your old house !!!!! ps. Sorry it took me so long to see that... been lost in my head for a bit !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals