Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 12:45 AM

189 posts, read 566,678 times

Advertisements

I am looking to venture out and create my own website....here are the things I want:

1. MLS search
2. Local information
3. Listings to upload to other sites (Yahoo, MSN, ect).
4. Blog ability

And of course the traditional contact info, current listings, ect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 03:05 PM

244 posts, read 747,658 times
Default website

In Philadelphia there is no such thing as free mls intergration. You still have to pay the mls a monthly fee in order to intergrate the mls to your site. I am sure other mls borads are the same. Reallysoft eas ok. I am doing away with the traditionl sites and dealing wit blogs and social media lately.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:38 PM

48 posts, read 122,124 times
I currently use Superlative which makes pretty good package websites. You can customize them quite a bit and overall they are pretty nice.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:11 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,502,391 times
LOL Nice thread bump, newbies! (#2 and #3) hahaha!

Honestly, surprised this one didn't get any answers the first time around. Anyway, I'm currently using Point2 for my website provider. It's a pretty good template site and is easy to get up and running. They have an IDX feature they just released, but I haven't looked into it. As was mentioned above, your local MLS may require that you be a member in order to have access to the data feed.

Point2 syndicates listings loaded onto your site, and there's also a "handshake" feature, so that any agent also using a Point2 site, with whom you are a handshake partner, will also display your listings. Your listings will syndicate to a lot of major sites, such as the one

Point2 has a blog feature, but I don't think it's the best solution for that. If you're serious about blogging, then get over to ActiveRain and sign up for that community. (yeah, that's a referral link, but don't feel obligated to use it) You'll get MUCH more "Google Juice" (as they call it) by blogging on ActiveRain than going independent, in my opinion. I believe it has helped me a LOT. Once you get your blog going, then just used the RSS feed to put on your own website for content.

Not sure what you want in the way of "local information", but you should easily be able to find stuff about your city using Google. Then use that as the source for your own content, giving credit where credit is due, of course. Write a blog about your city! LOL

Old 08-12-2010, 09:24 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
I use Z57 and I've been pretty pleased overall. I saw a couple agents complaining about it on another thread but I get about 10 solid leads per month. What's up with the intagent site all of a sudden? I thought I knew all the big ones, so they must be new or something.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
LOL Nice thread bump, newbies! (#2 and #3) hahaha!

Honestly, surprised this one didn't get any answers the first time around. Anyway, I'm currently using Point2 for my website provider. It's a pretty good template site and is easy to get up and running. They have an IDX feature they just released, but I haven't looked into it. As was mentioned above, your local MLS may require that you be a member in order to have access to the data feed.

Point2 syndicates listings loaded onto your site, and there's also a "handshake" feature, so that any agent also using a Point2 site, with whom you are a handshake partner, will also display your listings. Your listings will syndicate to a lot of major sites, such as the one

Point2 has a blog feature, but I don't think it's the best solution for that. If you're serious about blogging, then get over to ActiveRain and sign up for that community. (yeah, that's a referral link, but don't feel obligated to use it) You'll get MUCH more "Google Juice" (as they call it) by blogging on ActiveRain than going independent, in my opinion. I believe it has helped me a LOT. Once you get your blog going, then just used the RSS feed to put on your own website for content.

Not sure what you want in the way of "local information", but you should easily be able to find stuff about your city using Google. Then use that as the source for your own content, giving credit where credit is due, of course. Write a blog about your city! LOL
Eric please pm me and explain what is funny about my post. On Trendmls you still have to pay an upfront fee and $30 a month. Not sure about other mls's out there. Someone saying they offer you free integration is a ploy. Also, as you said active rain and other sites are a geat way to get your name out there. In my opinion traditional sites are slowly moving to the way side and social media and blogging are the way of the future. If you know how to navigate facebook, youtube, myspace, etc. you can do as much with these sites as you could with a traditional site.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:32 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byoak View Post
Eric please pm me and explain what is funny about my post. On Trendmls you still have to pay an upfront fee and $30 a month. Not sure about other mls's out there. Someone saying they offer you free integration is a ploy. Also, as you said active rain and other sites are a geat way to get your name out there. In my opinion traditional sites are slowly moving to the way side and social media and blogging are the way of the future. If you know how to navigate facebook, youtube, myspace, etc. you can do as much with these sites as you could with a traditional site.
Eric is referring to at least one spam post that was removed, not your post that moved into the spot.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:36 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,502,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Eric is referring to at least one spam post that was removed, not your post that moved into the spot.
Yes, there were 2 spam posts at positions 2 and 3, immediately before yours. You probably saw them, too, prior to their deletion. Guess I should refrain from calling 'em out, since they'll likely get deleted. Sorry for the confusion, friend.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
Yes, there were 2 spam posts at positions 2 and 3, immediately before yours. You probably saw them, too, prior to their deletion. Guess I should refrain from calling 'em out, since they'll likely get deleted. Sorry for the confusion, friend.
Oh sorry. Now that I think of it I do remember seeing them. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Old 08-15-2010, 11:58 AM

75 posts, read 170,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I use Z57 and I've been pretty pleased overall. I saw a couple agents complaining about it on another thread but I get about 10 solid leads per month. What's up with the intagent site all of a sudden? I thought I knew all the big ones, so they must be new or something.
Our site is through intagent (click on my profile to see it). While I like how it looks and have noticed an improvement in customer service over the past few month I'm not completely satisfied with the backend features. The blog features look horrible so I have my own blog separate from our company page. Our listing database doesn't have the cleanest look. I would like the page backgrounds to match the framing on our site and they still haven't figured out how to do it. I can't email leads to other agents. It is also pretty to tricky editing the custom pages. I like the SEO features and for the most part the important features of the site are user friendly and even agents with poor computer stills are doing ok adding their own listings. I don't expect perfection for $29.99 per month so I guess I can live with all of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals