Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 12:22 PM

15,496 posts, read 40,201,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Well JMO 'cause I do agree with what you posted, but I also feel the fact the Mods have their hands full so even if an advertising post or link is 'flagged', they can't get around to all of them. Still a lot of posts out there where someone is advertising services, a house, or whatnot.
Very true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 07:50 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,132,231 times
I debated long and hard about jumping in to this discussion, but since I started this, I felt as if I needed to respond as to my intentions.

The initial posting was meant as a simple thank-you. It was posted in the forum for real estate professionals, therefore I do not see how that could be considered advertising. I think if you do a search of any of my posts, you will see that I have always answered any of the postings (I have responded to) as thoroughly as I can to assist those in relocating to the areas I have lived or currently live in.

As to the use of the word "lead", it was in no way meant in a derogatory manner. When an initial contact is made from someone not inside your sphere of influence, I consider that a "lead". Once substantive discussion is held, at that point they become a client or customer.

So, while I am glad this has brought up such an interesting discussion, again let me reiterate it was meant as a simple thank you.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onevthoki View Post
I debated long and hard about jumping in to this discussion, but since I started this, I felt as if I needed to respond as to my intentions.

The initial posting was meant as a simple thank-you. It was posted in the forum for real estate professionals, therefore I do not see how that could be considered advertising. I think if you do a search of any of my posts, you will see that I have always answered any of the postings (I have responded to) as thoroughly as I can to assist those in relocating to the areas I have lived or currently live in.

As to the use of the word "lead", it was in no way meant in a derogatory manner. When an initial contact is made from someone not inside your sphere of influence, I consider that a "lead". Once substantive discussion is held, at that point they become a client or customer.

So, while I am glad this has brought up such an interesting discussion, again let me reiterate it was meant as a simple thank you.
I am sure I haven't read all of your posts and I never thought your intentions were sinister or you were trying to solicit anyone with your comment. As you can see Painter joined in the discussion in the REP group, even though he's not a REP.

Obviously all of we agents participate on this board in hopes of meeting new folks and if they like what we have to say, they clink on our link and call us. I have gotten some nice clients off this forum. I just think that since the "self promotion" is more subtle here, as it is with all social media, it was just out of place to thank CD for bringing you a lead. Maybe saying "thank you for giving me the chance to meet some great folks who decided to work with me" would be more in keeping with the culture of CD. That's all I'm saying.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:39 PM

43,039 posts, read 76,558,928 times
I have met some fine people hanging out here, and on the Raleigh forum.
Truly fine people.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:10 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,132,231 times
Agreed Mike! Hey, heading your way soon to watch the Hokies play in Raleigh. Looking forward to it!

Old 08-03-2009, 10:18 PM

43,039 posts, read 76,558,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onevthoki View Post
Agreed Mike! Hey, heading your way soon to watch the Hokies play in Raleigh. Looking forward to it!
919-880-2769
I'll stand you to a cold one.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:27 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,263,537 times
What a great group of people! My words are often read as harsh, but those emotions are never in my writings. Blunt, you betcha, never with malice. C-D has continually provided me with opportunities to help people come to our area with a better understanding of what they can expect.

Thank you all!

Old 08-04-2009, 02:22 PM

10,897 posts, read 21,855,051 times
I've helped 2 great people move that actually contacted me on here. Both were great clients that I enjoyed working with. And I have one under contract that closes later this month. All 3 actually contacted me because I actually do follow the forum rules. I mainly come here because I enjoy the forum so I figure anything like that is a bonus. I like the fact you can't advertise here.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I've helped 2 great people move that actually contacted me on here. Both were great clients that I enjoyed working with. And I have one under contract that closes later this month. All 3 actually contacted me because I actually do follow the forum rules. I mainly come here because I enjoy the forum so I figure anything like that is a bonus. I like the fact you can't advertise here.
I really, really like the fact that you can't advertise here. I agree it makes the forum that much better!

Old 08-04-2009, 04:42 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,263,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I really, really like the fact that you can't advertise here. I agree it makes the forum that much better!
Silver & Brandon, add me to your corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals