U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 5,452 times

Advertisements

We have a new store and would like to sell closing gifts. What should we have available?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 03:31 PM

14 posts, read 39,352 times
Here are some ideas:
Door knockers, Mantle Clocks, Door Locks, GIFT BASKETS (general), door mats, candle packages, glassware, decorative teapots, bath towels, wind chimes.

Remember that Agents can only write off $25 worth of gifts per client. Don't go extravagent with what you're offering. Keep "less than $50-$100" in mind.

Hope this helps!

Old 02-23-2011, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,837 times
My husband and I were in the real estate/mortgage industry for 15 years and we always sent our clients a thank you gift for referral's and when a transaction closed. I our clients were also are only marketing source. We never spent $ in advertising but put money into our client appreciation fund. One gift that was low cost and always popular for anyone in a home was the Ultimate Home Journal. Some times we would add the Journal to a gift basket. In the Home Journal recipients can log info about their house from paint colors to contacts to trips and trick in the book. What was great was our business card was in the front of the book. Front and center with our contact info. Check them out at ultimatehomejournal.com. I think you can get 10% off if you order them on the facebook page.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:58 PM

468 posts, read 1,304,351 times
Here's a previous thread in regards to closing gifts - might scroll through it and see what others are saying over here.

//www.city-data.com/forum/real-...ing-gifts.html

Old 02-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Status: "The secret to aging well is contentment." (set 19 days ago)

43,882 posts, read 54,720,596 times
We received a lovely book of photographs of the historic sites in Savannah.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:41 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,584,046 times
I don't want gew gaws from an agent. What I hire them for is their knowledge and ability to guide me to getting what I want as cheaply and competently as possible. I don't do so because of an opportunity for tchochkes.

Here is an example:

I buy a house. Now, say, I want to turn one of the bedrooms into a recording studio or a music room where I can blast a Strat through a 100 watt Marshall half stack without the neighbors hearing it. Who can I call to have that work done competently? Or if I want a room or two done in a certain decorating style to fit the sensibility of the person or people who will be using it/them. Who can I call who won't rip me off and who will get it done right and on time? Spot on recommendations pertaining to such matters will be another incentive for me recommending that agent to my friends/coworkers.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:49 PM

11,115 posts, read 17,749,216 times
Have you tried Angie's List?

Old 05-21-2013, 12:38 AM

14 posts, read 39,352 times
RobE- turn it up to ELEVEN!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:40 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,278,185 times
After moving, the last thing I want is more stuff I don't need. On the other hand, I think a great gift from a realtor is a gift card. We received one for a local plant nursery that we would not have known about had the realtor not given us a gift card. It was something we needed (plants of our choosing) and it sort of introduced us to the area. A nice local resturant or a Home Depot card would probably work as well.

If it was a local store doing this--what would be neat would be to have different gift cards available for local establishments, and to catagorize them based off of what the realtor knows about the client. Kids=inflatable plaground, Green thumb = local plant nursery, foodie=local great resturant, etc. But the key would be to find things that the client would not automatically know about for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbo1995 View Post
We have a new store and would like to sell closing gifts. What should we have available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobE View Post
I don't want gew gaws from an agent. What I hire them for is their knowledge and ability to guide me to getting what I want as cheaply and competently as possible. I don't do so because of an opportunity for tchochkes.

Here is an example:

I buy a house. Now, say, I want to turn one of the bedrooms into a recording studio or a music room where I can blast a Strat through a 100 watt Marshall half stack without the neighbors hearing it. Who can I call to have that work done competently? Or if I want a room or two done in a certain decorating style to fit the sensibility of the person or people who will be using it/them. Who can I call who won't rip me off and who will get it done right and on time? Spot on recommendations pertaining to such matters will be another incentive for me recommending that agent to my friends/coworkers.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:07 PM

3,467 posts, read 4,939,174 times
We got a glass bowl for Christmas ( listed last part of NOV) and then at closing, a gift certificate to a local restaurant. This lady is a real pro and we were satisfied with her work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals