Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 01:48 AM

16 posts, read 39,513 times

Advertisements

I was thinking the other day how come that others are closing at least one deal a month, and I've been "idle" for quite some time now...

I think it's my marketing of listings that is wrong. Can you share some ideas?

Does anyone use "social media" and how? How about video?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 10:17 AM

15,575 posts, read 40,425,076 times
You can't post your listings on here, but if you want to PM me a link I'll take a look and give you some completely honest feedback.

Depending on your market, it is very difficult to close listings in many markets unless you have distressed properties. I use video, but have them professionally shot. I don't like the flip videos for the most part. I have done a couple of quick videos for fixer homes where quality shots aren't always necessary.

Be cautious about social media. I have a Fan Page on FB and post listings there, but I don't post them on my FB wall. I have defriended many FB real estate agents for spamming me with their listings. I like to network too, but really be cautious about spam and social media.

I also have unfollowed real estate agents on twitter who spammed me with their listings. Social media is supposed to be social, not spam. Make sure you know the difference.

If you post your listings on flickr they will boot you off so don't do it.

Social media is for socializing not for blatant advertising.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:37 AM

16 posts, read 39,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
You can't post your listings on here, but if you want to PM me a link I'll take a look and give you some completely honest feedback.

Depending on your market, it is very difficult to close listings in many markets unless you have distressed properties. I use video, but have them professionally shot. I don't like the flip videos for the most part. I have done a couple of quick videos for fixer homes where quality shots aren't always necessary.

Be cautious about social media. I have a Fan Page on FB and post listings there, but I don't post them on my FB wall. I have defriended many FB real estate agents for spamming me with their listings. I like to network too, but really be cautious about spam and social media.

I also have unfollowed real estate agents on twitter who spammed me with their listings. Social media is supposed to be social, not spam. Make sure you know the difference.

If you post your listings on flickr they will boot you off so don't do it.

Social media is for socializing not for blatant advertising.
Thanks for your thoughts. Can you provide some tips how to exactly utilize social media?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals