Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 09:20 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by House4Sale View Post
Would you believe we tried. We wanted another fellow in the office and he wanted to take our listing but the man who is "training" this gal...and is office manager would not return our calls. He's MIA almost from the get-go. We do not want to incur the cost of getting out and IF we ever sign with another agent we will make sure there's a big goose egg where the fees list or not bother. Our contract is almost up with them. Thank God!!!

I called a sister agency of same named firm (broker is using the name on office but it's privately run) and she listened to my account. She was appalled at what I told her esp. since I have proof to back it up. She is going to talk to broker of agency (but he never returns calls either) as it is making her look bad. We do have a future plan up our sleeves and for now are focusing on selling the house which is priced below mkt. value so that is helping. We shouldn't have to be dealing w/all this nonsense. One hires a realtor to make things easier not create more work. And what really hurts is hearing her giggle in the back ground. Well, karma, lady. Karma. Live and learn.

report them to Realtor Assoc. There ARE regulatory boards- maybe that chickie needs to be taught a lesson. Realtors are a dime a dozen in Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 09:21 PM

btw we had a very rude/unprofessional realtor from Remax- (should have known -the reason her name rhymed with a melon ball cocktail) I reported her and she was fired. Felt good about that.

sunny

Old 05-20-2007, 09:24 PM

713 posts, read 2,669,671 times
That and the Hernando Board of Realtors.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:25 PM

Sounds like she deserved it. I know I can't and wouldn't treat my clients like some of them do.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:29 PM

Good for you House4sale!- you know they are in for a rude awakening- btw I will give you that brokers info- Remax s*cks-

s.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:31 PM

Yikes. We almost signed with an agent from there. I'll wait for your suggestion. Thanks.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:36 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,191,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by House4Sale View Post
Mac, how old was the house she sold...if you don't mind me asking. My SO was thinking of hiring a real estate attorney. We truly do want everything done for the best of all parties concerned. It may not save us much money but at least the house would get sold the right way.
Common 1950's 3/2 CBS house. She owned it for like 25 years but haden't lived in it for years. I kind of believe her when she says she didn't know anything about it. She sold it at the peak a couple of years ago for like $375,000. She only paid $36,000 for it so she wasn't hurting on the deal. Knowing her though coming off with $50,000 pissed her off.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:27 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,515,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
You have to have a GOOD attorney working only for you. Florida has laws about things like disclosure and so forth. You get caught covering something up and it can cost you big time. My sister on the sale of her last house had to refund $50,000 to the buyer when they found a leak under the foundation had created such a large cavity the back side of the house was actually breaking off. It was a major repair. She told me she didn't know anything about. Maybe she did maybe she didn't, that's her business but she ended up paying.
Thats not covering anything up. Its being you own agent. It is NOT illegal. Like I say, check the laws in your state but I own property in 3 states and its perfectly legal in all 3. Lots of people do it this want to save and make more money.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:05 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,191,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsd353 View Post
Thats not covering anything up. Its being you own agent. It is NOT illegal. Like I say, check the laws in your state but I own property in 3 states and its perfectly legal in all 3. Lots of people do it this want to save and make more money.
No one said it was illegal but are you telling me you do transactions in the hundreds of thousands or millions without an attorney? I was just pointing out selling a house is not like selling say a car. I sold some property just last month and even though I used an agent I also used my own attorney. The story about my sister was just to point out what can happen. She does have an attorney by the way, but in the case of that deal it just happened and she had to pay.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:13 AM

10 posts, read 26,489 times
You may or may not wish to use a Real Estate Atty, many of them basically do the same thing that a title company does. Attourneys in Florida are considered an unnecessary expense as they are usually more expensive than title companies ( who have their own attouneys to assist with questions-problems etc.) I originally stated to go to a mortgage broker. There is a reason for this. Most, are good with sales and negotiating. As a FSBO seller, save as much time and energy as possible. Ask the buyer to get a prequalified letter from that mortgage broker or banker of buyers choice. Once that is obtained and you know you have a "buyer", both parties can meet with the mortgage broker who can handle the contract. When I have talked with the seller and interviewed the buyer, I know what both are looking for and makes the negotiation easy because I know the hot points. I also use Florida Assosiation of Realtors Approved contracts with all addendums so both are covered legally.
As for an earlier post regarding a seller having to give back $50,000 due to a problem with the house. Yes it happens, but ONLY if it can be proved, in court if necessary, that there was knoweledge of the existing problem. If she had known the problem existed and chose to fix it before selling the house,, I wonder what it would have cost her. Approximately $50,000 i assume. So, nothing lost in reality. For any specific questions or problems, you can email me at timnlin@verizon.net
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals