Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 12:32 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,191,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by House4Sale View Post
If you were looking for an agent and after they promise this, that n' the other and you sign with them, they don't deliver.
If you are advertising yourself looking for a buyer the best of both worlds is to have it written in if you bring your own buyer you pay a reduced commission like 2% or something. For the 2% the agent takes care of the transaction as he would have if he/her had brought the buyer. No matter how you look at it, unless you have something very special or the price is so low a buyer can't resist, selling in this market is a complete crap shoot.

There is not really anybody to get mad at. Many times when someone doesn't return calls it is because they don't want to face a bunch of heat for something they have no control over. Ducked calls can often be the callers fault, they don't want to talk to you for some reason. I have been in business long enough to know quite a few of them.

Last edited by macguy; 05-19-2007 at 01:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 06:20 PM

79 posts, read 210,158 times
If you are referring to me, I am sorry I was out yesturday. It was my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Let me tell you, too many people feel that if agents do not respond within 24hrs, they are bad agents. I do have a personal family life, but if you check you personal mail you will find my response. I am a transaction broker in Central FL, and as my customers would tell you, I often answer calls up to 9:00 at night, more so when the customers closing is near, because I know they are often anxious. I already stated, I am not here for your business, but I do agree agents need to be responsive, but they also need to pay attention to their families. If you were that upset with my responce time, I would thank you for your consideration, and hope you found an agent to quickly service you needs. There is enough business for everyone, I will not put my family second.

Old 05-19-2007, 06:39 PM

79 posts, read 210,158 times
Default Sometimes you need not to sell

Quote:
Originally Posted by House4Sale View Post
They don't answer their phones or do not return calls. The reason we are stuck with this horrible agent/agency is because they've included a clause where we'd have to pay a huge fee if we want to get out of contract. If we ever sell our house it's not because of them it is inspite of them. But they will reap what they sow somewhere down the line as they are the WORST!!
Excuse me, but did you not read your contract before signing? You are mad because you have had your house listed and it has not sold. Maybe the agent does not return your calls because of your anger, we are just agents, all the marketing, open houses, post cards, flyers, ads and give aways, will not make a house sell. I had to take my house off the market. I do not agree that you agent is avoiding you, personally, if you were that unhappy with me, I would let you out of contract. Ask to see the advertisments the agent has done. Look at some of the prior comments, the public hates when we send out cards and flyers, yet sellers want us to send this info out. The kids go into flyer boxes and take are the flyers out at one time. Open house do not work, mostly nosy neighbors come to feed the family. An unless you mark the house so far done to get rid of it, you may have to wait a while to sell. Review the reason to decided to sell, unless you must move because of health or a job, you should look at other alternative. If it is financial, call the bank and ask them how to re-adjust the mortgage. Ofter when a person starts to sell their home, the get detached from it, when it doesn't sell they become resentful. I needed to move to get closer to my parents who are in poor health, the market is not going to let that happen, so I will have to find another solution until it changes.

Old 05-19-2007, 07:09 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,446 times
Well, I have to put my 2 cents in on this one, because we just sold our home down there. And, boy, what a ride it was getting there....
Had a second realtor, and agreed to 7%.
We have 2 dogs, so, as you can imagine was that a HUGE issue of inconvinience.
What bothered me the most was the fact that realtors come up from the south (Miami, Ft. Lauderdael), and had NO consideration for our listing stimulation (4 hours notice and such). Furthermore just came, and knocked on my door!!!!
Our realtor was P-off....
What also bothered me, that Open house was always for 2 hours only.
And, I think that if the home is shown, the listing agent should make time to be there, because he/ she knows the house and all features the best!
Like us....we had a complete different airconditioning filter system installed, because our dog is allergic and for our health as well.
It's the best on the market and was way over $1000, plus a free 3 year maintenance. Well, guess what...none of the other agents pointed that out, because they didn't know.
But, hindsight, our first agent was even worse...she fell asleep on our couch, when she held open house!!! lol
Plus, she didn't really work, let the house sit, and have another realtor sell it, for the split she didn't deserve.
So, I guess you have to literally "interview" agents, and do some type of "probation" period...That's all I can think of.

Last edited by MB2; 05-19-2007 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-19-2007, 07:18 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
She fell asleep on your couch? I would think that Realtors anywhere would do anything to make a buck. Staying awake would be a good start.

Old 05-19-2007, 07:25 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
She fell asleep on your couch? I would think that Realtors anywhere would do anything to make a buck. Staying awake would be a good start.

I know a really good professional broker in PBC- PM me if you need info.

sunny

Old 05-19-2007, 08:17 PM
MB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post

I know a really good professional broker in PBC- PM me if you need info.

sunny
I will be needing on here in PA....lol....
We finally moved 2 weeks ago, and I guess, we are staying here (that's all up to my husband and the job situation..)
We fired "sleepyhead", which was the first one, got ourselves a second one, and lit fire under her butt as well.
Well, it must have worked, because in the stale FL market, she managed to sell our house only being on the market for 6 months!
Boy, am I happy to be a survivor of Florida!!!! LOL

Old 05-19-2007, 08:23 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
I will be needing on here in PA....lol....
We finally moved 2 weeks ago, and I guess, we are staying here (that's all up to my husband and the job situation..)
We fired "sleepyhead", which was the first one, got ourselves a second one, and lit fire under her butt as well.
Well, it must have worked, because in the stale FL market, she managed to sell our house only being on the market for 6 months!
Boy, am I happy to be a survivor of Florida!!!! LOL

welcome to the survivor club. I will say something good about my broker, she was smart, professional and NOT some dumb kid trying to make a buck. There were plenty of those, especially in Palm Beach County.

Movinback are you in Penn know? Congrats.

sunny

Old 05-19-2007, 08:28 PM
MB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
welcome to the survivor club. I will say something good about my broker, she was smart, professional and NOT some dumb kid trying to make a buck. There were plenty of those, especially in Palm Beach County.

Movinback are you in Penn know? Congrats.

sunny
Thank's, sunny
And, yes, I am as happy as a clam

Old 05-19-2007, 10:49 PM

713 posts, read 2,669,819 times
I agree, there are several good ones we know of in PBC. It's another area in FL that is the pits. Even the one real estate agent said they didn't return her calls. Then they gave me one who didn't have her lock box updated to get in property, didn't have her cell phone switched over as well as her laptop and then the main agent office number (she said) didn't work. And that one was ref. to me. But I guess that's the client's doing not the agency's. Right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals