Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2010, 08:39 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,436,540 times

Advertisements

I just got a call with a referral from a past client who moved to Texas for the job. Now someone from work is coming to Denver.

She said she recommended me because I was smart and talented.

I have never thought of what I do involves talent. Needless to say, I am still thrilled.

What have people said about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 08:50 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times
A referral is the best compliment of all

I had someone once tell me at the closing table that I was the most thorough Realtor they had ever worked with. That compliment came from another Agent My Buyers were thrilled to hear such a compliment (me as well).

Old 03-19-2010, 09:02 AM

15,577 posts, read 40,430,010 times
Snarky...no that's not it.

Opinionated...keep thinking....

Um....

My clients always tell me they hire me because I am upfront and honest.

The most back handed compliment I got was from another agent who said "You aren't what I expected. You were really professional." Since I offer fee-for-service, people automatically assume I'm a moron with compromised ethics. That was a funny compliment and I still think the agent who said it is a really great agent.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:45 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,315,094 times
My husband and I are very loyal people and have OFTEN referred people to some of the agents we have used in the past. For two agents I actually took time to write letters of recommendation so that they could put it on their websites...I wouldn't do that for just anyone. On the other hand, we have had agents who do things correctly from a contract point but who never really communicated well with us and so we don't refer to them. For us, communication is key and that means not just after the transaction is done. (It's crazy to me that I can email an old agent for whatever reason and they never get back to me...makes me feel like all we were was a transaction to them-I want to feel like we have an on going relationship.)
Now that I am an agent I have a very clear understanding of how I would like to operate one day. I know it takes a lot of service to get that recommendation!

Old 03-19-2010, 05:06 PM

274 posts, read 708,952 times
I'm still smiling, it really started my year out right. I sold a listing to an unrepresented buyer. My client goes to closing and tells the title officer that I was entitled to every penny of my commission and more. I said "you don't often hear that, do you?" and he laughed. In hindsight it wasn't a smooth transaction, but in some ways it was a great deal of fun. Both sides were great families.

It's truly special clients that recognize talent .. you should be thrilled!! It takes you through those dark times ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I just got a call with a referral from a past client who moved to Texas for the job. Now someone from work is coming to Denver.

I have never thought of what I do involves talent. Needless to say, I am still thrilled.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:10 PM

274 posts, read 708,952 times
That was a great compliment!! I often tell other agents' clients that they have a very good realtor .. they should hear that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
A referral is the best compliment of all

I had someone once tell me at the closing table that I was the most thorough Realtor they had ever worked with. That compliment came from another Agent My Buyers were thrilled to hear such a compliment (me as well).

Old 03-19-2010, 11:36 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,983,290 times
"You're the best agent we've ever had." and "Thank you for all your help." are both equally gratifying to me.

Attorney to me after closing "My paralegal tells me I need to get your card and get more business from you because you're the easiest, most responsive agent she's ever worked with."

Old 03-19-2010, 11:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
i am very consistent.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:43 AM

982 posts, read 3,486,911 times
That I'm loyal, honest, trustworthy, thorough, funny, and smart. It makes me feel very special. I love my clients, friends, and family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals