Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 09:26 AM

1 posts, read 8,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymarine View Post
To be honest with you....you need to get what is called an unconditional withdrawel. She can technically charge you for advertising fees, but most companies won't do that. What is the exact situation, maybe we can help figure something out for you and offer some advice.

~joey
I signed listing agreement before I knew that my new job will be helping me with the sale of the house. The agent I signed the listing agreement with,
does not want to cooperate with the relocation agency. What are my options?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 05:32 AM

505 posts, read 2,335,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5800187 View Post
I signed listing agreement before I knew that my new job will be helping me with the sale of the house. The agent I signed the listing agreement with,
does not want to cooperate with the relocation agency. What are my options?
I would recommend going in and talking to the broker and let them know the situation. They should be able to offer some assistance. Generally when a relocation company gets involved if it takes too long to get the home sold you as the seller have the option to sell the home to the relo company then they in turn sell it.

The only reason I could see the agent not wanting to work with the relo company is that the paperwork is EXTENSIVE. But they are normally fair and once you understand it, they aren't too painful.

Good Luck!!!

~Joey

Old 07-16-2007, 07:13 PM

110 posts, read 496,424 times
Hi!
It is still a tough market,she was def on the money about marketing it on the internet Open houses to be very honest are a waste of time because so many buyers search the web and do not go to open houses like years ago Pricing is critical , the first two weeks of coming on the market are your hotest and if you are priced to high you have lost out on potential buyers and again goes back to the fact that they are searching the web Because of the internet marketing,mls etc your home is getting top exposure more than a sign will do I think you should talk to her again and also request her broker be present so hopefully you can come to a happy agreement It is a good idea to have the broker there so both sides can be heard fairly Good luck and if I can be of any help let me know

Old 11-12-2008, 01:27 PM

7 posts, read 24,068 times
Default I don't mean to take over this thread

but I am in a similar situation.

I interviewed quite a few realtors and chose this particular one mainly because he seemed to have a lot of experience with advertising and online advertising. He is with Remax which he said is global. Come to find out he is pretty illiterate on computers, I could tell from a visit we initiated two months ago, we have been on the market since August, he doesn't keep in touch with us as much as I would like, I can't find our home on any website other than Remax and I really have to search for it even their, he says that no matter he will eventually be contacted which I don't actually know what he means, even though the market is very very bad in my area and our house is over 6oo,000 and I know many people are not looking for homes in that range I still think he could do some advertising. Do you think if the market is bad and he hasn't had any calls on our house that there is no point in advertising and if so should we advertise in newspapers or have open houses? He said in this price range most people are either nosy or alot of realtors will use this method to get more people to even ask about other homes in their own price range. When I read the REmax information and brochure it says they work with worldwide placement companies which he is not willing to do. What do you realtors think? He kind of evades some of my questions. We are also considering a lease, do you think this is a good idea? We are in dire straights to sell and if worse comes to worse we might declare bankrupcy but there is a possibility to wait it out.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:08 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,302,067 times
Just tell the broker you don't want their services anymore. Most of us would rather release a listing than suffer the bad PR from holding someones feet to the fire.

In CA, you can send a certified letter to the agency telling them you are canceling the contract. If they don't want to release your listing, just tell them you want to add 1 million dollars to the asking price.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 7,597 times
How do i get out of a buyers contract i signed a six month contract and am so unhappy.... shes cost me 3 houses now

Old 11-20-2008, 08:11 PM

2,637 posts, read 7,427,019 times
Read your contract & talk to our agreement & their broker/manager. Your buyer's agreement is with Big Shot Realty Group, not Jane Doe,Realtor.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:09 PM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joniealcorn View Post
How do i get out of a buyers contract i signed a six month contract and am so unhappy.... shes cost me 3 houses now
How has she cost you 3 houses?

Old 11-21-2008, 07:38 AM

1,151 posts, read 2,992,867 times
Just tell the broker that runs her office that you want out and that you want a termination letter. Explain why you're upset, but if you're set on a termination, don't let the broker talk you out of it. Remind them that if you are a dissatisfied and vocal customer it will be worse for them than if you are not a customer at all. They will probably want you still to owe them a commission if you buy a house within X days after termination if the agent showed the house to you. Depending on what the agent has done to make you so angry, that may or may not be a reasonable requirement. good luck

Old 11-21-2008, 10:32 AM

192 posts, read 631,150 times
You should not EVER sign any contract which was not read to you, or explained to you in a way that enables CLEAR understanding by all parties. So - go to your agreement and decipher where you stand.
This may be uncomfortable - but stick to your guns and go SEE the broker (your agreement is with the broker). This is YOUR HOME, YOUR MONEY, YOUR FUTURE. No good agent, or broker wants to retain a client against their will - in my experience. Don't be intimidated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let us know how you make out - GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals