Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 01:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,174 times

Advertisements

get drunk 

Very stressful. My clients want neither house as the "wow" house was 22k more.

Explaining to the listing agent has been the hardest part of this "beautiful mistake."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 09:21 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Anyone who's been around awhile will probably have a similar story but something happened yesterday that could have been a major oops. There was a home I was showing a client, my GPS took me right to it and we pulled up to the front. I was talking discussing the area and homes to my buyers who were new to the area. Being on a corner lot, we were directed to a door on the side of the house. As we were unlocking the side door to go in as the owner is getting in his car to leave. I figure he's leaving for the showing.

e.
I know this post is old, but I don't buy into this story. The owner is there and sees people pulling into his yard and walking to his side door and he just leaves without asking who are you people?

Plus how were you unlocking a door to the wrong house? Was it a magical key that worked for the whole block?

Old 09-08-2016, 10:56 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,808,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
I know this post is old, but I don't buy into this story. The owner is there and sees people pulling into his yard and walking to his side door and he just leaves without asking who are you people?

Plus how were you unlocking a door to the wrong house? Was it a magical key that worked for the whole block?
They didn't just pull up to any house. It was a house with a sign in the front so it was also for sale, so the homeowner was probably prepared for buyers who showed up without an appt. Also, there are lockboxes on each house with the key inside. There is no magic key we carry around to get us into houses.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:59 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
They didn't just pull up to any house. It was a house with a sign in the front so it was also for sale, so the homeowner was probably prepared for buyers who showed up without an appt. Also, there are lockboxes on each house with the key inside. There is no magic key we carry around to get us into houses.
Then that's how the story should have been explained , the original post makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:34 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Then that's how the story should have been explained , the original post makes no sense whatsoever.
Only if you didn't actually read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Anyone who's been around awhile will probably have a similar story but something happened yesterday that could have been a major oops. There was a home I was showing a client, my GPS took me right to it and we pulled up to the front. I was talking discussing the area and homes to my buyers who were new to the area. Being on a corner lot, we were directed to a door on the side of the house. As we were unlocking the side door to go in as the owner is getting in his car to leave. I figure he's leaving for the showing.

We go in this home and it is a pure "WOW" house, with a pool, character and an unbelievable price. My clients fall in love and after a few more homes we decide to go put in an offer. It was mid day, we wanted to get it in for the tax credit and were hurrying to get it put together while we grabbed a quick burger.

I spend about an hour going over the offer and addendum's with the buyer and discussing all options and how inspections, etc all worked. We had pulled the home up in the MLS and it only had 4 crappy pics with no front of home pic. We kept questioning the pics but finally decided they were just poor but the right ones.

We put the offer together, verified all the info, scanned and was about to email the offer to the agent when I ran 1 more search of the area.

We'll being rushed and in a hurry is not a good thing because we actually had mistakenly gone in the very nice house directly across the street from the very poor home we wrote the offer on. No wonder it was such a great price, it was the wrong house.

It was one of those mistakes were everything fell in (or out) place just wrong... the house was directly across the street, I was talking to client, going in a side door, an older home with no number on the curb. The POS house we were suppose to be in was listed by a discount broker (thus the 4 lousy pics) had no sign in the yard, no lock box on the door and $40k less then the home we were actually viewing.

I went where my GPS directed me and pulled right up to that very nice sign in the yard. Even the seller was leaving thinking they had a showing. I usually always verify the address but on this older home there was not one where you could see.

Luckily I caught the error before we negated the contract and got everyone all excited about the great deal on a WOW house. I've actually shown the wrong house a couple of times over the years but never almost put a contract on the wrong house.

Rakin almost owned another lease home.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:12 AM

3,720 posts, read 9,998,561 times
I've almost shown the wrong house before. It was right next door to the one we were scheduled to see. It had a sign in the yard from the same agent, and the one we wanted to see did not have a sign. We walked around for a while looking for a lockbox, then called the agent and she said lockbox was hidden in back yard. So we walked all around and still couldn't find it. Finally realized my mistake and went next door. Sad bc the home we were looking at was much nicer in the back anyway but it was not only pending but $250K more than the other one.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:59 AM

633 posts, read 581,626 times
Years ago a family in my town someone came into house in middle of night shot the parent and kids in their sleep. Nothing was taken and must have used a silencer. Never solved, then around 15 years later a Mafia hitman testifying cause he had immunity blurts out oh yea, I killed 5 people once when I got the wrong address.

It was one of the round about blocks that had a east and west but street sign only had a small e or small w in front of name. Both e and w had same numbers on houses. So he went to wrong address.

Old 09-13-2016, 05:11 PM

12 posts, read 10,928 times
That's really weird! What I would like to know is your potential client still say yes to the wrong house? Judging from it I bet they were disappointed.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:57 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,126,824 times
(I know it's an old thread I'm just trying to understand how this could have happened.)

So the house that was shown had a lock box -- AND the other house also.
But don't lock boxes each have their own code? If you had the code for one box it shouldn't open another box for you to have the key, no?

Old 09-15-2016, 07:04 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,808,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
(I know it's an old thread I'm just trying to understand how this could have happened.)

So the house that was shown had a lock box -- AND the other house also.
But don't lock boxes each have their own code? If you had the code for one box it shouldn't open another box for you to have the key, no?
Lockboxes are opened by a program on your phone (or a dKey). It's bluetooth/infrared (depending on market) and the only code you need is the agent's personal code. There is not an individual code per lockbox, unless you're in a market that uses old combo lockboxes and not secured ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals