Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 04:20 PM

12 posts, read 35,034 times

Advertisements

Hi there! I'm doing an article on Realtors and social networking. I'm looking for information about what social networking sites you think are the best and why.

Have they gotten you new clients or do you mainly use them to keep up with existing ones?

Do you find that you get a lot more attention overall as a result of using them?

Thanks!

Julie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 04:34 PM

718 posts, read 2,079,108 times
None!

Old 05-14-2010, 05:06 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,433,423 times
Sites like this, zillow, facebook, twitter - introduce us to others who know like and trust us.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:20 PM

15,575 posts, read 40,425,076 times
What are you doing the article for?

Old 05-16-2010, 08:18 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,856,499 times
A lot of people utilize activerain as well. I think anywhere you post, blog, log on gives you the opportunity to create a business relationship.

A lot more attention? no, but I don't use blogs and forums for that reason. I like to just see and hear what others are up to and maybe I can help with an answer, for me, it's more of a learning curve, we learn something new everyday if we allow ourselves to. Have I gotten business from forums? Sure, after they see some of my posts and answers to others, some have contacted me and asked me for some help, but it certainly is not all of my business.

Some agents, I bet do very very well through social networking sites though - it's something they work at all the time.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:33 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,500,867 times
I've gotten a few sales because of Facebook, one because of my high school's alumni message board, at least 2 from using City-Data, and immeasurable results from writing a blog @ ActiveRain. Facebook, my HS message boards, and most other message boards I frequent, are mostly for entertainment, though, and I don't sell my services while I'm there.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:54 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,856,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
, and most other message boards I frequent, are mostly for entertainment, though, and I don't sell my services while I'm there.

oh yeah, the WORST thing a realtor can do is push his or her services on people on message boards - that is a huge turn off I totally agree.

If a professional answers questions intelligently, others will know their worth.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:50 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,500,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
oh yeah, the WORST thing a realtor can do is push his or her services on people on message boards - that is a huge turn off I totally agree.
Right, especially here on City-Data. It's funny to see users come seek advice for a particular area, then explicitly state "no realtors". I try to be the first one to respond, just to show my helpfulness. As long as I'm not breakin' the rules, no problems, right?

Old 05-18-2010, 07:22 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnKK View Post
None!
Ditto.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:19 PM

982 posts, read 3,486,651 times
Mostly Facebook, twitter, linked-in. Have a myspace account but haven't logged on in a year. I blog on a bunch of different sites also. Social networking is a godsend for me....makes it MUCH easier to keep in touch with former and current clients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW Julie View Post
Hi there! I'm doing an article on Realtors and social networking. I'm looking for information about what social networking sites you think are the best and why.

Have they gotten you new clients or do you mainly use them to keep up with existing ones?

Do you find that you get a lot more attention overall as a result of using them?

Thanks!

Julie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals