Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 04:04 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,555,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Just because your agent is sending emails it doesn't mean that the buyer agent is receiving them. I have found many an agent have bad email addresses or you get some old timers that never check their emails....
That's what I was thinking too. OP - has your agent tried calling in addition to email?

Edit - nevermind, I saw your post about the buyer agent not returning calls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 04:10 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,667,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
You could try having your agent talk to the other agent's managing broker about your concerns (assuming they are different people).
I was thinking the same. There's obviously a disconnect in the communication chain here and figuring that out will go a long ways in helping this transaction move forward. Could be anything : misfiled messages, wrong assumptions or expectations.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:12 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,301,933 times
First, I don't automatically think that sellers are bad. I'm a listing agent as well as a buyer's agent.

Second, if both phone messages and email messages are not being responded to, then it's time for your agent to contact the buyer's agent's broker to sort this out. Again, assuming the buyer's agent is not the broker. That's the responsible thing to do. Failing that, certified mail is, indeed, appropriate as a last resort.

You say that your contract has in it that you are to receive a copy of the inspection report - was that written in before the inspection was done, or was it a response to the buyer's request for repairs? Contracts are different from state to state, and I can't tell what state you're in, so don't know if that's a standard part of the contract in your state or not.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:14 PM

7 posts, read 10,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Just because your agent is sending emails it doesn't mean that the buyer agent is receiving them. I have found many an agent have bad email addresses or you get some old timers that never check their emails.

So, I would have YOU, the seller, draft a letter stating that the buyer and their agent are not to be on the property without an appointment. Send it certified mail to the buyer agent.

That's good idea and thanks for the reply. We do know in the last unscheduled visit the buyer's agent acted apologetic that no one called but claimed that they did not have our number to do so. They could have contacted our agent which they did not. I guess it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. It does make me feel better knowing that most of what is occurring is typical of home sales. Part of my concern is we have a rent back after settlement and this buyer is going to be our landlord.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:30 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,667,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut hole View Post
We do know in the last unscheduled visit the buyer's agent acted apologetic that no one called but claimed that they did not have our number to do so.
Perhaps just lack of experience on their part? I know that selling a house is quite stressful and I hope the rest of the transaction goes smoothly.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:57 PM

17,574 posts, read 46,063,218 times
I can understand your frustration with visits. That should not be happening. I think buyers sometimes overstep their bounds.

I had something ridiculous happen with my last sale. My buyers showed up unannounced "to take some measurements". While I was a little perturbed they didn't make an appointment I let them in. These people actually tried to cut out a hole in my ceiling while I was in another room. When I asked them what they were doing and they said we probably had asbestos in our ceiling so they were taking a sample to get tested.

They left without a sample of my ceiling. For starters my ceiling didn't have asbestos and secondly we were well past the inspection period.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:03 PM

10,940 posts, read 21,916,982 times
Quote:
The buyer and buyer's agent are related.
So what? Perfectly legal, and really only need be disclosed if immediate family. However, they've disclosed since you know, good no issues there.

Quote:
TThey have been present for all home inspections and refuse to turn over home inspection report.
It is their right to be there for inspections. The inspections belong to them since they paid for them. By our local contract, they only need to turn over copies to you if they submit a repair addendum. BTW, I don't want the seller there during inspections either.

Quote:
Can i demand that the buyer and agent not be present for future home inspections?
I don't think so.

Quote:
Can I file a complaint with the realtors association? My agent and buyers agent are currently not on speaking terms....
For what? They actually have to do something wrong. If anyone has been wrong that I can see it's you (except for their unannounced visits), but nobody from what you've said has done anything illegal. As far as the agents not speaking to each other, they are both wrong there. They need to put on their big boy pants and be professionals there to guide the deal to closing.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post

For what? They actually have to do something wrong. If anyone has been wrong that I can see it's you (except for their unannounced visits), but nobody from what you've said has done anything illegal. As far as the agents not speaking to each other, they are both wrong there. They need to put on their big boy pants and be professionals there to guide the deal to closing.
So what have I done wrong? or is it solely because I am the seller?

Old 05-19-2010, 06:54 PM

10,940 posts, read 21,916,982 times
Quote:
So what have I done wrong? or is it solely because I am the seller?
No, I work with quite a bit of sellers. You are wrong for trying to deny buyers right to be there during inspections.

You are wrong for not communicating with your agent with these concerns.

You are wrong for creating problems instead solving them.

Have your agent place a call to the BIC of the other company and get that train back on the tracks. Remember, it's only business so try to prevent your emotions from getting in the way of a sale.

It sounds like both agents are wrong with their behavior towards each other.

The buyer was wrong for showing up unannounced. Buyer was wrong for withholding inspections if they were asking for repairs.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
No, I work with quite a bit of sellers. You are wrong for trying to deny buyers right to be there during inspections. This inspection is with a county inspector for repairs we had performed by a licensed contractor.

You are wrong for not communicating with your agent with these concerns. All concerns were expressed and agent still wants to push forward with sale.

You are wrong for creating problems instead solving them. We are trying to cover our butt and determine if something is not right with the buyers.

Have your agent place a call to the BIC of the other company and get that train back on the tracks. Remember, it's only business so try to prevent your emotions from getting in the way of a sale. It's also our life and privacy that's being invaded while trying to make this business transaction.

It sounds like both agents are wrong with their behavior towards each other. We feel our agent is not doing all they can and are now avoiding the situation. Apparently the buyers agent was belligerent and yelled at our agent then would not return his calls. Don't know the whole story.

The buyer was wrong for showing up unannounced. Buyer was wrong for withholding inspections if they were asking for repairs. Agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals