Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:31 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times

Advertisements

Normally closing (for most who are savvy) is the done deal yet I have seen idiotic realtors acting like they are to be credited...

I bought a beautiful house, on my own. Did all the research. The realtors didnt deserve more than 20.00 for their "work". Also we had a closing that was quite amusing- having been from a major city, and we relocated to Tennessee, the owner removed the refridgerator and washer dryer There also was no dishwasher. When I mentioned this at the closing the seller was like..." I love washing dishes" -lol.

It is sometimes funny when you think of how people under estimate a buyers intelligence.

s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 08:36 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,039 times
Well I did something kind of stupid when I bought the house I am in. It was when I got the keys and we actually had stuff in our car...to move in the house. The sellers were here, both were teachers, nice people.

I had NO idea they were within hearing and I made comment about the colors they had painted the interior...it was litterally like they had turned a crayon box upside down and blind folded choose a bunch of unrelated colors...they were a little put out about my comments...I also said something about how the jade bedroom would have to be painted before I could even think of sleeping in there...oh dear, I was just glad the papers had been signed already.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:41 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
lol- yes- the people I bought from thought 1992 wallpaper ( green fruit/harvest theme) in kitchen was to die for. Also they replaced the fixtures in BR and were like - we just re-did that (lol- the husband put the hot water for cold and cold for hot on master bath)

Sometimes it's really funny what people think you will believe!!.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:48 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,039 times
Listen to these colors...

The main part of the house, the central part incorporates the dining and living rooms...the front wall and the back wall were a beige color that reminds me of the color of base makeup...their were niches up high on the wall, these were painted the color of dried blood...the other walls were painted off white...then the floating wall in between the kitchen and living and dining room was painted blood red...

The office, which is just off the central part of the house was royal blue, the master bedroom was jade green, the master bath was army green, the guest bedroom that is now my daughters is a light yellow and her bathroom is a light blue...those last two are the only ones that remain the color that they were. I have painted everything else.

OH I forgot...I have a cathedral ceiling in the central part of the house, I can stand upright above my kitchen cabinets and stretch my hands up and still not touch the ceiling...she choose this spot to put up the most god awful wallpaper...that was coming down of course...I had to pay someone due to the height to take it all down.

What a mess...

Other then the paint though this house was in great condition.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:48 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,842,785 times
Sunny, I just have to ask... was there a dishwasher in the house when you put your offer in? and did your offer include the personal property of a refridgerator and a washer and a dryer and a dishwasher (even though the dishwasher is built in, I always write in so there is no confusion)? Since you did all the work, I'm sure you would have covered those issues in your offer to purchase?

shelly

Old 06-25-2007, 09:02 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,798 times
I'm a contractor, but I starter life as a painter as in like Jr High I stated painting houses. So I'm pretty picky about how a paint job is done (I still paint I enjoy it, most people hate it.) Anywho ... I was in a house not long ago and I'm not know for political correctness, I think it, I say it. The paint job was awful it was like they did it with their eyes closed, not a clean line to be found. Well the home owner said to me with a straight face mind you ... "We just had it entire house repainted." ... So I said "I hope you didn't pay anyone." I don't think they were amused ... I didn't care it was sad. Much like a parent that doesn't realize they have a ugly baby.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:15 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,842,785 times
Aw c'mon DAVART, you blunt? I can't believe it!!!

Shelly ; )

Old 06-26-2007, 12:18 PM

81 posts, read 362,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Normally closing (for most who are savvy) is the done deal yet I have seen idiotic realtors acting like they are to be credited...

I bought a beautiful house, on my own. Did all the research. The realtors didnt deserve more than 20.00 for their "work". Also we had a closing that was quite amusing- having been from a major city, and we relocated to Tennessee, the owner removed the refridgerator and washer dryer There also was no dishwasher. When I mentioned this at the closing the seller was like..." I love washing dishes" -lol.
I don't know about your area but in CA/AZ where I have lived, unless you asked for these to convey with the purchase, they were never yours.

Except for a dishwasher, if it was mounted under the counter, as that is considered permanently installed.

On my current house, the seller asked if they could remove a couple light fixtures before the closing because they were having a garage sale and wanted to sell them! They were ugly and from the 70s but still... we need lights when we move in, not wires sticking out of the walls.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:25 PM

9 posts, read 28,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post

It is sometimes funny when you think of how people under estimate a buyers intelligence.

s.
I know what you mean! Every house we looked at the people were taking the appliances with them unless they were built in. When I asked about the washer and dryer they said they would be glad to leave the "washer and dryer hookups"! Duh!

Old 06-26-2007, 02:02 PM

1,408 posts, read 8,022,182 times
when my hubby and i purchased our current home we asked about including the refrigerator in the purchase. the sellers actually said with a straight face oh no we could never do that it has sentimental value to us. huh?

the property also had/has a small goldfish pond in the backyard with about 5 koi fish in it. hubby and I requested the fish stay so the sellers wrote in to the P&S the fish could stay as long as we agreed to take proper care of them. again, huh? what did they think we were gonna do with them, eat them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate