Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 05:56 AM

263 posts, read 889,734 times

Advertisements

...and he doesn't care. He insists that he has been great. We have caught on that he has been withholding feedback. When I mentioned the added stress of having to move across the country, his response was "that wasn't my decision".

That general rude attitude is typical for him, among other issues. I told him these last three weeks may cost him more than he knows. That was after he offered to let us go for $750.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 07:20 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggums View Post
...and he doesn't care. He insists that he has been great. We have caught on that he has been withholding feedback. When I mentioned the added stress of having to move across the country, his response was "that wasn't my decision".

That general rude attitude is typical for him, among other issues. I told him these last three weeks may cost him more than he knows. That was after he offered to let us go for $750.
Mug, I totally believe what you're saying about this agent but shake my head in disbelief that an agent would act this way. There is not much more he could do to hurt his business and reputation.

He's thinking short term and even then not making good business decisions.

As I mentioned, if you're tired of the whole mess just turn down all showings.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:54 AM

573 posts, read 1,690,002 times
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there should be something in the contract stating that you can cancel the contract if the agent isn't doing the things agreed upon...can you reference the contract and go to the agency with your complaint?

Old 08-24-2010, 09:17 AM

I took my concerns to his broker, called her by phone. He responded by sending me an email, telling me it would cost $750 to get out.

My response back was not restained, beyond not cursing or calling him names. His response today was that he can't believe how negative I am, and he won't respond to so much negativity, and will continue to do his best to get my house sold. If this was his best, I'm shocked that he's still in business. No way in hell my house will get sold in the next three weeks, and I wouldn't trust him to make a legit transaction anyway. I really am considering denying all showings. And I reported him to the are Board of Realtors, for whatever it's worth.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:34 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
I would be asking for open houses for the next three weeks. Make him spend a bit of money.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:22 AM

1,087 posts, read 1,947,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I would be asking for open houses for the next three weeks. Make him spend a bit of money.
lol... I agree,. . you can also request to increase the price to some unrealistic amount, so that the open house doesn't get any traffic, hence, no chance for the agent to pick up new victims, errr, I mean clients, haha.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:25 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Anyone who contracts with a real estate agent in this market ought to require that an addition to the contract be that it can be cancelled at any time by the seller. Period. I wouldn't sign a contract with any listing agent who wouldn't agree to that.

Contracts for three, four, five, six months in this economy are out of the question imho. Especially since most of the time the only experience a person has with the realtor is upon signing the contract and starting to work with him/her. Who knows how competent the person really is? Or what he/she will do to deter your sale?

One realtor I had listed with was always available by cell phone before the contract was signed and afterwards all I got was voicemail. Luckily I had that stipulation written into the contract and had an option to fire her. Who knows what else she did to slow down the sale, other than not answering my phone calls.

best,
toodie

Old 08-25-2010, 01:38 AM

1,570 posts, read 5,987,379 times
Sandy Nelson is right on target. Speak to the managing broker and ask tha the listing be assigned to another agent.

Failing that 3 weeks is not that much time. Ride it out.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:10 AM

He made a comment that "people can get sued if they refuse showings"...

Old 08-26-2010, 08:43 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggums View Post
He made a comment that "people can get sued if they refuse showings"...
Don't be bullied. He is talking out of his arse. They aren't going to sue anyone for this.

I would also be making another complaint to the Board of Realtors saying he is now threatening you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate