Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2010, 01:12 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,614,643 times

Advertisements

Hey guys maybe someone can help me out.

A friend of mine is trying to sell his home to his renters due to the fact he has decided to let it go to Foreclosure. I am trying to help him out and finding ways to get his home sold to the current renters, which they want to buy it.

The renters cannot get a loan by FHA or Conventional since they had recently did a bankruptcy from my understanding (less then a year ago).

Is there any program that would help / assist the leasing residents to buy the home and not rent it? Maybe some kind of closing that can be done and maybe the renters can piggy back the original mortgage? Maybe some type of 3rd party of some kind to assure all transactions will be completed?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 05:04 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Don't know of any programs & lending is getting so much harder they probably can't get a loan.

Rent to own has a lot of pitfalls and we always refer to an attorney. The owner has a mortgage and the lender will not let him sell the house in this manner. There is a "Due on Sale" clause where they would call his loan due if he tries to sell it.

May be something out there but I've never seen it. You might ask around the mortgage part of RE. The lenders might know more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate