Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2010, 12:06 PM

13 posts, read 22,748 times

Advertisements

Thanks for those who answered my post.. and as I promised you (as Paul Harvey would say): "And NOW.. the the rest of the story!"

Wife and I presently live/own a place in the Gulf/Sun Coast South Tampa Bay area. Been here for past 15 years. I'm retired (no, that doesn't mean where the rubber meets the road).. as you've just noticed, I have a slightly different sense of humor than some.

Anyways.. wife's keeps herself busy/active as a Licensed and Registered Nurse working 3 day a week. We're both tired of Florida, hurricanes, hot (and I mean really HOT) weather, mugginess (is there such a word?), Snow Birds, old grey haired farts and their driving.

**Side note here.. and NO disrespect to our beloved Senior Citizens. I'm a "Old (no grey hair) Fart" at the age of 66.. but darn, most of these people just drive (no pun intended) me up the wall with the way the drive. Geezzz.. get off the road and let me get to where I'm going to. If you and Ma want to "lolly gag" around, do it some other time. (Please NO flames. I'm saying the above in a very loving way.)

Oh.. where was I? Ahh.. that's right. Looking to leave Florida.

Fifteen years ago we thought about moving to the Greenville area, but because of our situation and circumstances located to Florida instead. Last year we took a weeks vacation to Bryson City and the "Great Smoky Mountain Railroad". It brought back many fond memories to us of where we were brought up as kids.. and the happy times that went along with it.

My wife and I are both "country" folk at heart. She grew up on a large (few hundred head) dairy farm in North Central PA.. while I came from a Upper New York (Lake Ontario area) isolated valley "hamlet" of around 35 spread out houses. My Grandparents also owned a small (several head) dairy farm.. but it was more of a hobby than a business for Grandpa.

We're looking a the Haywood, Buncombe, Madison, Henderson county areas. NO CITY LIVING (Asheville) or even immediate close in suburbs. The outer areas of Waynesville, Canton (away from the paper mill), Leicester, Fletcher, Sylva, etc. have caught our eye as a example.

As far as the "who sits where".. and the answer of "who wears the pants in the family"? Our 40 plus year marriage has never been 50/50. Depending on the situation and circumstances it sometimes was 0/100 - 100/0.. and everything in between. As a example: when it came to buying her jewelry I let her do the picking 100%. She better knew what she wanted than I. A lot of times what she picked was less $$$ than what I wanted to get her.. but what do I know(?), I'm just a man.

On the other hand, when it came to firearms she let me do the picking. At least she wasn't one of those who thought we should get a "Pink" imitation pearl handled .22 pistol because it looked soo cute!

Well that's it from this side of the computer for now.. and once again "Thanks" for your replies.

Country Cowboy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 12:11 PM

434 posts, read 1,309,335 times
You bet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate