Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 02:00 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,436,540 times

Advertisements

Standard of Practice 1-6
REALTORS® shall submit offers and counter-offers objectively and as quickly as possible. (Adopted 1/93, Amended 1/95)

Unless the client does not want certain offers/counter then that must be stated in writing preferably a listing agreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 02:14 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
You can't have it both ways. Either you feel you need the condition for a reason and therefore the seller should be concerned about it or you don't really need it and should take it out.

Don't take that as me saying you should take it out. I wouldn't either. But you have to see if from teh other side as well.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:09 AM

15,577 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I will admit up front that I don't know the rules around presenting offers. But if I am selling my house and tell my agent I don't want to see offers that look like "x" it seems pretty reasonable that my agent won't present them to me.
But what happens is that agents don't refuse to present the offer. They just tell the buyer agent that they have been instructed by the seller to not present offers below a certain amount/with a home sale contingency. That is different than refusing to present an offer because the sellers are "difficult."

Sellers absolutely can dictate what they want to see and not. We just let the other party know we've been instructed that way by our clients.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:59 AM

470 posts, read 1,501,081 times
In GA, real estate agents are like postal carriers. It doesn't matter what the seller says, we have to deliver all offers up until the time of closing. That being said, I am also confused by what conditions you have to fulfill to close on your home.

I would advise my clients to wait until their home closed and then they would be in a stronger position, although they might have to store their belongings temporarily, if that was the house that they really wanted. That is, if we couldn't work out favorable conditions in the purchase agreement.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:32 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
Why is it that when a buyer isn't getting what they want the sellers are then "difficult"?

I can understand why a seller wouldn't want to make a sale of a house contingent on a buyers house closing. It could tie it up for weeks, fall through and they have to start over. They don't owe it to you to do this.

As far as countering full price. I can't judge if that is unreasonable or not since I don't know how their house is priced to begin with.

I also think buyers have to remember that there still are sellers out there that are not desperate and are in no hurry to sell and it won't hurt them at all to wait for full price. Under those circumstances why should they lower it if they don't want to?

Old 09-17-2010, 01:17 PM

472 posts, read 854,958 times
I'd wait until you closed on the sale of your house then I'd lowball the suckers. HA! You'll have way more negotiating power after you close and you have NO contingencies! Remember it IS a buyers market, use it to your advantage!

Good luck, whatever you do!

Old 09-17-2010, 01:43 PM

7 posts, read 11,933 times
thanks alot for all who supported what i said and to all who think i am being a DIFFICULT buyer...there were only 2 conditions on oue property.. one was financing of the buyer and they have just faxed our realtor the papers.. the other was a letter from the condo board called the STATUS CERTIFICATE.. and that will come on monday... i just got a call from them too.. and YES!! we did recieved a call from the seller`s agent and they are willing to go for the conditions of our home and thanks to my realtor also lowereing the price 5k.. it turned out to be good for us coz they hve a open house this sunday and they dont want to have it.. they want a deal before that.. !!!

Old 09-17-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
Why is it that when a buyer isn't getting what they want the sellers are then "difficult"?

I can understand why a seller wouldn't want to make a sale of a house contingent on a buyers house closing. It could tie it up for weeks, fall through and they have to start over. They don't owe it to you to do this.

As far as countering full price. I can't judge if that is unreasonable or not since I don't know how their house is priced to begin with.

I also think buyers have to remember that there still are sellers out there that are not desperate and are in no hurry to sell and it won't hurt them at all to wait for full price. Under those circumstances why should they lower it if they don't want to?
turned out they were desperate.. they called us back and did ask us to offer again.. and also offer 5k off the price if we do so.. they were DIFFICULT.. not because they said no to us but they acted before thinking.. as i mentioned in the quick reply.. on monday our all conditions to sell our home will be completed.. our only issue was that we wanted to move into our own home right away coz we have 2 small kids and alot of stuff.. !!

Old 09-17-2010, 03:05 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,944,334 times
I guess you've open escrow at a 5K discount and with your closing contingency, so congratulations. As you know, nothings done until the papers are signed, so I wish you luck over the next few weeks.

Now just be sure you do a good inspection of the property. Be sure the inspector is really really thorough because too many of them are too superficial. They'll miss things that they shouldn't.

With a good inspection you may be able to get a little more off to make the required repairs.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garth View Post
I guess you've open escrow at a 5K discount and with your closing contingency, so congratulations. As you know, nothings done until the papers are signed, so I wish you luck over the next few weeks.

Now just be sure you do a good inspection of the property. Be sure the inspector is really really thorough because too many of them are too superficial. They'll miss things that they shouldn't.

With a good inspection you may be able to get a little more off to make the required repairs.
thanks Garth... how would i know the home inspector is good enough.. ?? should i take one of my realtor's partners.. she has some people who work for her .. or should i just go out and find one myself??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate