Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 10:47 AM

96 posts, read 302,329 times

Advertisements

Good article with nice arguments ......

Housing Crash Continues

http://patrick.net/housing/crash2.html

http://patrick.net/housing/crash3.html

I am sure some of the regulars (no names) will be here in no time to post their blanket disagreements with red herrings.

Last edited by fidodido25; 09-18-2010 at 11:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 11:05 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidodido25 View Post

Housing Crash Continues

I am sure some of the regulars (no names) will be here in no time to post their blanket disagreements with red herrings.
Not me I am at the beach enjoying the place I just bought. Only have so much beach time left in my life to enjoy. Getting up there in the years so it is now!

Old 09-18-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Not me I am at the beach enjoying the place I just bought. Only have so much beach time left in my life to enjoy. Getting up there in the years so it is now!
I was expecting you and Rick to be the first ones to respond. Rick should be here any minute.... It does take some time to read all of the 3 pages.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:38 AM

217 posts, read 445,836 times
Quote:

Housing Crash Continues

Here's one of the regulars...

This is not an article – it is someone’s opinion. This is that someone according to his own words
http://patrick.net/forum/?p=16284

I’m not against renting in the least – but I am against his assertion that renting is the only answer for everyone. Just like I am against the idea that buying a home is the only answer for everyone. If you agree with him, then by all means continue to rent until your landlord’s mortgage is paid off.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I was expecting you and Rick to be the first ones to respond. Rick should be here any minute.... It does take some time to read all of the 3 pages.
I was expecting you to post something negative too so we both met each others expectations.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAbdella View Post
I was expecting you to post something negative too so we both met each others expectations.
Glad you have high expectations and a positive outlook. I suspect your clients feel satisfied and rewarded enjoying their new purchase or the house they sold. It often takes a middle man and you seem like a good one. If I had to be associated with one side or the other in this discussion I am pleased to be associated with uplifting people like you. It is like listening to CNBC and enjoying folks who are positive and objective and not just naysaying for naysaying sake. You know hedge fund managers who want to drive the market down for personal gain. I suspect there are those in discussions on housing that want to drive the price down for personal gain. Yes some will say you want to drive the price up for personal gain but hey if that happens all the sellers will give you a shout out. Again you have skin in the game and so do the millions of homeowners wanting to secure the value of their investments. So keep fighting for us as I know I appreciate you and I suspect the many home owners in here do also. Not sure about renters.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Glad you have high expectations and a positive outlook. I suspect your clients feel satisfied and rewarded enjoying their new purchase or the house they sold. It often takes a middle man and you seem like a good one. If I had to be associated with one side or the other in this discussion I am pleased to be associated with uplifting people like you. It is like listening to CNBC and enjoying folks who are positive and objective and not just naysaying for naysaying sake. You know hedge fund managers who want to drive the market down for personal gain. I suspect there are those in discussions on housing that want to drive the price down for personal gain. Yes some will say you want to drive the price up for personal gain but hey if that happens all the sellers will give you a shout out. Again you have skin in the game and so do the millions of homeowners wanting to secure the value of their investments. So keep fighting for us as I know I appreciate you and I suspect the many home owners in here do also. Not sure about renters.
Thank you - I think my testimonials would support your assertion. I'm just glad that I'm not the only person on here with a positive outlook.

Now, off to the Lake!!!!

Old 09-18-2010, 12:01 PM

Dow plunges below 7,000 - Spokesman.com - March 3, 2009
But beyond daily headlines, Wall Street seems to have given up the search for a reason to believe that the worst is over and the time is ripe to buy again.

“As bad as things are, they can still get worse, and get a lot worse,” said Bill Strazzullo, chief market strategist for Bell Curve Trading, who said he believes the Dow might fall to 5,000 and the S&P to 500.

The above is from the March 3, 2009 link. I wonder how many people listened to he naysayers, pulled their money and missed the rebound? Will housing be the same and will the same folks listen to the housing naysayers and be ............................... Only time will tell! Might be happy might be sad!

Old 09-18-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAbdella View Post
Here's one of the regulars...

This is not an article – it is someone’s opinion.
Of course, it is an opinion, but with valid points and some FACTS. Facts, you probably are having difficult time arguing against, which is why you have just discounted it as an opinion.

BTW, all opinions are not necessarily subjective/baised, although most are.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I challenge you to make your case against some of the statements made in this article about realtors like you so that way readers like us who are on the sidelines can decide for ourselves who is right and who is throwing red herrings.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Dow plunges below 7,000 - Spokesman.com - March 3, 2009
But beyond daily headlines, Wall Street seems to have given up the search for a reason to believe that the worst is over and the time is ripe to buy again.

“As bad as things are, they can still get worse, and get a lot worse,” said Bill Strazzullo, chief market strategist for Bell Curve Trading, who said he believes the Dow might fall to 5,000 and the S&P to 500.

The above is from the March 3, 2009 link. I wonder how many people listened to he naysayers, pulled their money and missed the rebound? Will housing be the same and will the same folks listen to the housing naysayers and be ............................... Only time will tell! Might be happy might be sad!
Hindsight is 20/20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate