Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 09:40 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately people as a whole are often uncourteous and could care less, especially in buying. I had many cancel last second, show up over an hours late or well before they were scheduled to be there, track dirt all over the house, digging through drawers and cabinets, and the worst that happened twice was someone taking a dump and stinking up the whole house,..i'm not kidding...It's like people are more concerned what kind of cleaning products and what you had for dinner last night then the house itself. It's very frustrating selling a house, but stick in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 01:36 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
An analogy I sometimes use is that when listing your property for sale it is like opening a new small business, in town. That you clean, polish and position your wares and have employees ready willing and able to serve the general public does not mean the public will come and of those who do, that they will be interested in what you are selling.

It's less stressful to take an objective view and realize that you are not likely selling a unique product. In fact, in some areas, your product likely has tremendeous competition and the public benefits from the resulting price wars.

It's also a seasonal thing. Most folk are not interested in looking at property at this time of year. Those who are out there, tend to be serious buyers of something.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:02 PM

175 posts, read 637,886 times
Thanks everyone for the advice -- someone called this morning to see the house. This time they did show up, loved it and are meeting with bank next week. Hopefully we'll get an offer, but not going to think along those lines yet. Taking it one step at a time.

Last edited by bubsalex; 11-27-2010 at 04:10 PM..

Old 11-27-2010, 06:14 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
It is so annoying when that happens. You knock yourself out making everything pretty for a looker, and then they don't show. My house was for sale for three years and every showing was a BIG deal to us, so I know how you feel.
When we were the lookers, we sometimes needed to only look at the neighborhood or the outside of the house to know we were not interested. Then, when we found the house we were buying, we did not keep a few other appointments that day. This is just the way the cookie crumbles.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:23 PM

1,846 posts, read 3,939,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsalex View Post
Thanks everyone for the advice -- someone called this morning to see the house. This time they did show up, loved it and are meeting with bank next week. Hopefully we'll get an offer, but not going to think along those lines yet. Taking it one step at a time.
That is great to hear, Bubsalex. Good luck!

Old 11-30-2010, 07:15 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,541,770 times
Default Aborted showing appt.

It is so annoyng, I agree. As a retired Realtor I can give you another reason why some buyers cancel at the last minute. If they don't know the area, are from out of town and the broker has given them a stack of MLS sheets instead of either driving them through neighborhoods, or letting them do "drive bys" to get a feel for what they like, they "eliminate on paper". This happens a lot with buyers' agents who don't take time to give them a tour.

If the agent has made 6 appts. let's say for one day's tour, and the buyers drive by first and find it doesn't fit their needs from the exterior, they will cancel on short notice. It's not your broker's fault or the cooperating broker's fault. I used to try to get them in because the house could surprise them after all; by saying: "let's look at it so you can tell me your likes and dislikes", etc. Sometimes they even bought the house they didn't want to look at!

In a market like this, there are some buyers who get cocky with buying power and are rude to the agents too. LOL ! it's true, I don't know how to say it any better; they may not even think they are being rude.

Some buyers are very considerate, but most are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate