Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Zillow real estate valuations, homes for sale, value estimates inaccurate, MLS, buyer’s agent, sales history of homes, neighborhood home values, real estate agents

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 07:47 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdrgal View Post
I agree with you and there's also another reason why the high end of the market will always use a realtor.

High-end sellers aren't going to want their home FSBO or on Zillow's Make Me Move because they don't want any Tom, Dick or Harry WhoKnowsWho off the street ringing their doorbell or calling their cellphone or cluttering up their Inbox. Many times there won't even be a realtor's sign in front of the house, for just that reason. They want serious potential buyers, not just looky-loo's. They want a paper trail of who is brought (by licensed realtors) to see their house. They know that "Prequalified" is useless. "Preapproved" is what's required. Around here, people don't even get taken through the door for a showing of a high-end home without being pre-APPROVED for the price range they're looking at.
I can get my dog pre-approved for any amount you like. The only thing that actually works is to have someone pre-approved by a banker assisting the seller. You cannot do that on expensive houses...because monied buyers will not hold still for it.

All you got is the judgement of the RE Agent. If you can talk the talk and walk the walk you can get in to see anything.

I have, by the way, a couple of multi-million clients. If someone wants proof for a showing they generally decline. We almost always get in anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 06:04 PM

169 posts, read 1,069,701 times
I've never had a problem with a high end client getting a letter on bank letter-head indicating their qualifications for the priced home they seek to find. The letter always includes the Bank Pres. direct phone line and an invitation to call with questions.

Some of my higher end buyer clients (if there's any level of celebrity to them) don't want to identify themselves and many times we preview and video with floor-plans for them and allow them to eliminate properties. Then they just view the ones they want to see.

But as a listing agent of higher end homes it is not uncommon for our seller's to require their attorney have a conversation with the buyer's financial representative to discuss their clients abilities and gain confirmation prior to a showing. If they are truly qualified, it's a level playing field.

There are so few buyers in our immediate area that can afford a home over $3M that we generally do ask a number of questions in advance. The buyer's don't have to answer them directly but someone who handles their money does.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:29 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Default oh My...

I will have my people call your people...

Old 07-24-2007, 05:44 PM

5 posts, read 25,915 times
Zillow is ok but I use fastweb mostly

Old 07-24-2007, 06:07 PM

1,010 posts, read 4,912,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyahomeinsacramento View Post
Zillow is ok but I use fastweb mostly
What is this fastweb? I typed in fastweb.com and got a college scholarship website. Are you referring to First American Title's website?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate