Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 11:21 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,907,535 times

Advertisements

No short sale, no REO, no foreclosure. We are sellers that accepted an FHA 3.5% down offer on the house. We indicated that house has been winterized and would rather do a warm weather closing to have it de-winterized once and then they can also test the gas connection then as well, get the water sample.

Of course the agents wanted to go into contract asap and they said the buyers were paying for the inspection..so we said, let em pay for it.

They started the inspection and are now requesting us to pay for dewinter/rewinter + getting tanks delivered, filling up the tanks (at least 500-700) dollars to fill up.

The home has electric which works perfectly. The propane just adds a dual heat source to the home which was our upgrade but it is not required to use. I suggested that a phone call to the gas company is in order and see if there is a work around to test the line.

The home is vacant as we have moved and the tanks have since been removed. They clearly saw and new this when they took a look at the house and made the offer.

So bottom line..who pays for this in the inspection time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 07:16 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,581,108 times
You and your agent should be sure to carefully review your contract to see if it addresses this issue. If it's not covered in the contract, then it's negotiable between you and the buyer. Perhaps you can offer to split the costs? What does your agent suggest?

Old 01-12-2011, 09:36 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,671,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2gurls View Post
No short sale, no REO, no foreclosure. We are sellers that accepted an FHA 3.5% down offer on the house. We indicated that house has been winterized and would rather do a warm weather closing to have it de-winterized once and then they can also test the gas connection then as well, get the water sample.

Of course the agents wanted to go into contract asap and they said the buyers were paying for the inspection..so we said, let em pay for it.

They started the inspection and are now requesting us to pay for dewinter/rewinter + getting tanks delivered, filling up the tanks (at least 500-700) dollars to fill up.

The home has electric which works perfectly. The propane just adds a dual heat source to the home which was our upgrade but it is not required to use. I suggested that a phone call to the gas company is in order and see if there is a work around to test the line.

The home is vacant as we have moved and the tanks have since been removed. They clearly saw and new this when they took a look at the house and made the offer.

So bottom line..who pays for this in the inspection time?
Its negotiable I think. You haven't mentioned anything to lead me to believe that you'd have to pay for it. However your suggestion to wait for warm weather doesn't sound reasonable to me(at least in my climate) because it will be cold for 2 more months. And people aren't going to want to sign a contract that far in advance and then waste that much time.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:21 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,907,535 times
Thanks, we have chosen not to move forward on this..it wasnt even at contract stage and I found out that they are not really in the approval stage as buyers anyway. How stressful, but I am glad we found out now than later that the deal was shakey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate