Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 05:03 PM

3,294 posts, read 9,188,072 times

Advertisements

BUT just barely....

We have had our house on the market since last Aug. It's a manufactured home in a community. MOST of the neighbors are excellent and we hated to move but with my husband needing to move to keep us in income, we had to.

We left the house under the care of the neighbor across the street...he's watching it, cutting the grass etc. Has the extra keys for us after my housekeeper did the final cleaning. The neighbor on one side of us is also an excellent neighbor. Worked at the same place my husband did. Their son has been parking in our drive to give the illusion that the house is not unoccupied.

However, the house on the other side has been the neighborhood headache for 5 years now...

The community has supposedly been trying to evict them.

I talked to the neighbor across the street today and he said that the community manager is putting together a package to evict them (again for the 4th time) and hopefully THIS time it will get done.

Also talked to my realtor. She has shown our house a number of times recently but no nibbles...she is beginning to think our neighbors are the reason. And it's something WE can NOT change.

Personally WE never had any issues living next door to them but how do we tell potential buyers that???? We can't.

Just needed to vent. I know there is no real solution to this. I just pray the jerks next door finally get evicted this time. THEN maybe our house will sell. Our realtor really IS trying in an impossible market. Liz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 06:16 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,590,742 times
All I can say is good fences make good neighbors..

Sorry I don't have any words of wisdom but wish you luck on your sell...

Old 07-17-2007, 06:18 PM

191 posts, read 712,388 times
I just have to ask -- what's wrong with the neighbors?

Old 07-17-2007, 06:35 PM

Besides being White Trash????

Well, they have
1) failed to pay the lot rent for 9 months (mother bailed them out of this one)
2) allowed their two small children to run loose in the neighborhood (heard today that Social Services have taken them away to foster care)
3) the boyfriend robbed a minute type store after calling them to ask what time they closed 3 times.
4) they would play loud music late at night keeping people in the neighborhood up. The community has a noise ordinance.
5) had 2 pit bulls that ran loose, one that bit a neighbor child...which was against community policy. The police were called and animal control removed the dogs.
6) broke into and stole equipment from sheds in the neighborhood.
7) apparently the female now has three males living with her, not related to her.

#7 is the only one I have no personal knowledge of since it has happened since we moved away.

And yet the community says that they don't have enough SOLID proof to evict them even tho the police have been called.

One incident even involved the police chasing the male around the house while he had a weapon in his hand. Liz

Last edited by southernlady5464; 07-17-2007 at 07:18 PM..

Old 07-17-2007, 07:13 PM

191 posts, read 712,388 times
Wow. Welcome to he**. Sorry about your troubles.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Sorry about your troubles.
Thanks. I wish we could get rid of them.

As to putting up a fence. I REALLY wish that were an option. But not allowed in the community. Liz

Old 07-17-2007, 09:39 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
While you are waiting for your property to sell, have you given some thought to writing all of this down in a journal and then putting together a book? They say that truth is stranger than fiction and I do believe you have the makings of an hilarious movie or play here I can even envision a cast of characters to play these nasty souls.

You do have a serious problem if the buying public is aware of any of the situations going on there and that is keeing potential buyers away.

How about the other neighbors...do any of them have relatives and/or friends that they would like for neighbors themselves? I wish you well

Old 07-17-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
How about the other neighbors...do any of them have relatives and/or friends that they would like for neighbors themselves? I wish you well
I had one that REALLY wanted the house but could not get financing. And due to park rules, I could not do a rent to own. I would have done that. We figured he could have qualified in a year or so...it was a really good friend of my housekeeper.

Even the realtor was on board with that option and was willing to act as the rental agent while he rented the property.

But we couldn't do it. There are times when HOA/Park regulations are a pain in the rear. Esp if they can't seem to get their act together and get someone evicted who deserves it.

As to the book, I would have to have a ghost writer...I'm not that talented. Liz

Old 07-17-2007, 10:21 PM

72,416 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Do you have a disclosure statement? You need to disclose about the problem

Old 07-18-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Do you have a disclosure statement? You need to disclose about the problem
Since *I* don't actually own the house, my husband does, I don't know what was signed with the realtor. Liz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate