Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 08:06 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,313,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appraisergx View Post
Because, it is my job to analyze the contract. It is my job to analyze leases, too. It is my job to analyze the title. It is my job to analyze the mortgage note. It is my job to analyze all documents pertaining to real property.

I understand the difference between price, cost, and value (there is a difference). What you really meant to say is this: One would think you'd want to go in with no preconceived idea of what number to hit so the Realtor can get the commission based on an artificial value. I don't kiss arse and I know how to read and interpret the market. I know how to do my job! Cost is just a cost -- price is just a price -- and value "is what it is."
It sounds like you're saying that the buyer doesn't need an agent, they don't need an attorney, they don't need a title company - all they need is you! Somehow I suspect that is not the truth, but simply you being self-serving - as stated earlier, you're not the Pope, nor are you his Boss, though you seem to think otherwise.

If I understand the bolded part, you're right, that is what I meant to say, more or less, leaving out the part about the commission. I'd think that the last thing an appraiser would want to see would be the contract price, because that would be irrelevant to the real value they are supposed to come up with for loan purposes, and seeing that price could, consciously or unconsciously, derriere kissing or not, influence the outcome of the appraisal. A good appraiser certainly doesn't NEED to see the contract price, just the details of the house and the actual comps, with their knowledge of the market, in order to come up with an appraisal, correct? They don't need that crutch of the contract price to do their job? (Of course, if you get five appraisals, from good, honest, reliable appraisers, they're not necessarily going to match, anyway, but still.)

Old 02-05-2011, 08:39 AM

40,937 posts, read 49,051,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
You can talk about how good you are and the fact that you're "only looking out for the public", but we all know that you're just trying to justify your existence in your field and convince yourself you're important.
I see nothing he offers to the public. The advice he gives is a huge red flag to the average person buying or selling a home.

I can understand why he pushes the "Independent" label since I would speculate anyone familiar with his work would use other better qualified appraisers.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:41 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,557,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appraisergx View Post
...I was never a Mr. Fantastic on this forum. I found this forum a few days ago. ...
Interesting, not my impression from this post:

//www.city-data.com/forum/17728527-post54.html

Old 02-05-2011, 09:33 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,412,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post

ZING! Liars always get wrapped up in their own lies.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:42 AM

290 posts, read 572,084 times
Quote:
Usually folks that work SO hard at "defending" themselves by trying to put others down are trying to justify their existence. A true professional wouldn't be on here with posts like yours.

You can talk about how good you are and the fact that you're "only looking out for the public", but we all know that you're just trying to justify your existence in your field and convince yourself you're important.

If that's what makes you feel better, so be it. I'd venture to say you'd never make posts like that under your business name though.
I don't have to work too hard when debating a bunch of sales people

Through out this entire thread words have been put in my mouth, but I've let it go. I never talked up how good I am. I am just stating facts. You all know? No. You all know nothing related to an Independent Appraiser, as it appears. I tried to give you all the benefit of the doubt, but I suppose that isn't working. However; I'll just let you all keep rambling on and, I'll keep stating facts.

It does make me feel really good. It makes me feel very well when I can openly be an Independent Appraiser. It feels great!

I make posts under my real name all the time, you all just never see it, because I am new to the forum. Just wait till I get settled in

Last edited by Greeenback; 02-05-2011 at 12:41 PM..

Old 02-05-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
It sounds like you're saying that the buyer doesn't need an agent, they don't need an attorney, they don't need a title company - all they need is you! Somehow I suspect that is not the truth, but simply you being self-serving - as stated earlier, you're not the Pope, nor are you his Boss, though you seem to think otherwise.
Smiling...

Assumptions, assumptions, and more assumptions. You and your friends hear only what you all want to hear. I initially responded to the original poster, and then a bunch of ego maniacs, including yourself, jumped at nothing but air. I don't need any Realtor out of the way in order for a realtor's client to be my client. I suggest all consumers and producers hire an Independent Real Estate Appraiser no matter who they may be working with.

Many buyers do not need a Realtor, especially a buyer who has nothing positive to say about his experience. Anyone with half of a brain can buy real estate for themselves. And, in this case, I highly suggest the original poster consider an Independent Appraiser to protect itself -- which has nothing to do with sales people and their job description. You and your friends are the ones who made it out to be that way; very childish to say the least, and quite ignorant.

...as stated earlier, you're not the Pope, nor are you his Boss, though you seem to think otherwise.

And, I never claimed to be. I am an Independent Appraiser -- I will continue to be one, whether you and your friends like it or not.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I see nothing he offers to the public. The advice he gives is a huge red flag to the average person buying or selling a home.

I can understand why he pushes the "Independent" label since I would speculate anyone familiar with his work would use other better qualified appraisers.
That is all you can do; speculate. Go ahead...

Old 02-05-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
If I understand the bolded part, you're right, that is what I meant to say, more or less, leaving out the part about the commission. I'd think that the last thing an appraiser would want to see would be the contract price, because that would be irrelevant to the real value they are supposed to come up with for loan purposes, and seeing that price could, consciously or unconsciously, derriere kissing or not, influence the outcome of the appraisal. A good appraiser certainly doesn't NEED to see the contract price, just the details of the house and the actual comps, with their knowledge of the market, in order to come up with an appraisal, correct? They don't need that crutch of the contract price to do their job? (Of course, if you get five appraisals, from good, honest, reliable appraisers, they're not necessarily going to match, anyway, but still.)

You act as though the only thing in the contract is price. There is more to a contract than a price. There are other reasons why a contract is analyzed from an Appraisal concept. But, since you are stuck on price -- OK -- price has behavior attached to it, it represents trends and patterns, as well -- and, no, it doesn't influence me, because I understand why price is observed, and market value "is what it is."

...just the details of the house and the actual comps,

Well, in your own world, I can say you have it figured out. Beyond that simple understanding, it appears you are far away from having that part figured out. It is more...

Last edited by Greeenback; 02-05-2011 at 12:38 PM..

Old 02-05-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post

And, you should had noticed that I implied that I did not know the individual speaking to me. I had to assume this guy (speaking to me) was from a forum I used to frequent often. The forum I speak of has nothing to do with this forum (I did not want to be a jerk!). However; I have seen a few Appraisers from that forum I recognize, lurking around this particular forum.

You may have any impression you like. Until you find the right one, I will continue being myself and continue being an Independent Appraiser.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
ZING! Liars always get wrapped up in their own lies.

Lordy, Lordy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate