Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 05:48 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,689,070 times

Advertisements

Oh please let me know when you release the dvd.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 05:56 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,604,265 times
You don't happen to have a friend that looks or acts like "eddie" (randy quaid from National Lampoon's vacation) do you?

Old 07-19-2007, 06:00 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
LOL!!! That would be good. And don't forget "Snot" the dog.

Hmm, I think we have us a business folks. We can form groups of C-D folks in all the states to help each other out. When one calls w/ a problem neighbor we can just move in and get to work on the issue.

Instead of the goofball j-a movies we can have C-D "Bad Neighbor" movies.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:08 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Default Back to Reality...

Unfortunately as you will likey find the guy is within his rights. He can walk up and down the sidewalk in front of the lot with a sign pointing what a sleeze bag you are.

Unless he is violating some noise ordinance you will get little, if any, help from the authorities.

First step is can you un-annoy him. A little softsoap? A little money?

Next the traditional letter from your attorney threatening dire consequences if he does not cease and desist. Works a high percentage of the time.

Next you go after him in court. The object here is still to scare him and get him worried about the legal cost of defending himself. You can often load a complaint with really painful things that are going to happen to him.

Finally you puruse the legal case. I would think however that may cost a high percentage of what the lot is worth...so be careful.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:30 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,318,181 times
Oh I SOO want a copy of that DVD!!!

Old 07-19-2007, 07:26 PM

135 posts, read 605,947 times
Default maybe this

Put up a big sign that says "FUTURE DAY LABORER SIGHT" or maybe
"FUTURE SIGHT OF GAY & LESBIAN ACTION COMMITEE OFFICE"

Old 07-19-2007, 10:11 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Unfortunately as you will likey find the guy is within his rights. He can walk up and down the sidewalk in front of the lot with a sign pointing what a sleeze bag you are.

Unless he is violating some noise ordinance you will get little, if any, help from the authorities.

First step is can you un-annoy him. A little softsoap? A little money?

Next the traditional letter from your attorney threatening dire consequences if he does not cease and desist. Works a high percentage of the time.

Next you go after him in court. The object here is still to scare him and get him worried about the legal cost of defending himself. You can often load a complaint with really painful things that are going to happen to him.

Finally you puruse the legal case. I would think however that may cost a high percentage of what the lot is worth...so be careful.

Actually I would think that he is not with in his rights.

If he is calling someone a thief in front of others and by the calling of this name causes the other party to lose money he may be guilty of slander and the party being called the name has every right to sue him.

I think you are right that the letter from the attorney would probably work.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:21 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,013 times
Quote:
If he is calling someone a thief in front of others and by the calling of this name causes the other party to lose money he may be guilty of slander and the party being called the name has every right to sue him.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:39 AM

48 posts, read 161,175 times
Oh my gosh!!!! I am thrilled with the wonderful suggestions!! Did I mention he has "rented" spots in his yard to (as he calls them) hobo's? We have them living in two campers, one school bus, and the shed. If you would like to live on the porch or live in your car on his property he has a price for that too. After 9 years of this I finally called planning and zoning and after 4 months (government you know!!) they told him to have to hobo's gone in 30 days. I told plan and zone NOT to let him know who complained or I was toast. Well, of course my name was front and center on the complaint! Thanks Washington County!! Last night he came out again when another prospective buyer showed up but my husband grabbed the looker and gave the man some lip (while I had 911 on hold!!). Always fun in western maryland. Thanks again!!

Old 07-20-2007, 09:15 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Actually I would think that he is not with in his rights.

I think you are right that the letter from the attorney would probably work.
Those are matters that can be litigated civilly. In a couple of years you may get satisfaction after parting with some thousands of dollars. You may not win by the way. One can often cloak opinion in pejoratives and get away with it.

Note that it may not be possible for a municipality to hide an identity. There are freedom of access laws that make the filing of a complaint a public document. We had the battle here and sometimes use neighborhood associations to cloak the identity of the real originator. It is however possible that the neighborhood association can be forced to reveal the information but that is unlikely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate