Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 05:52 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,448,245 times

Advertisements

You want the buyer to walk into your home and "feel" that it is the right house. The brain could say that painting is not a big deal. But if the "feel" isn't right when they walk in, they will probably choose another house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 06:13 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
I personally love the color of the kitchen. The problem is you will get so many opinions you won't impress everyone. The house looks wonderful. I wouldn't put anything else intoit, will you get your money back? Probably not!

Old 12-29-2013, 08:52 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,765 times
I think it looks good.

If you are not in a hurry, put it on the market and see what happens. If a month goes by and no offers, then you could paint .

Old 12-29-2013, 11:16 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,663,923 times
Leave 'em alone -- as long as they aren't wallpaper or purple, you're good to go. :-) Honestly, everyone has such radically different tastes, you can't please everyone. I think it's fine. Good luck with your sale!

Old 12-30-2013, 06:14 AM

912 posts, read 1,524,759 times
I am not a DIYer by any means of the word -- I have zero skill and even less "vision" for how my house should look. I know what I like, and I'm A+ at finding pretty pictures online and wishing for a magic wand to change my house to match, but beyond that? Clueless.

That all being said, paint colors would absolutely not even be a consideration for me when looking at a house for sale. Even I can see past paint colors. Don't re-paint. It's clear that you had them professionally done, and even if you painted them into a neutral colors, chances are the buyer would redo them anyway. Especially in a low-inventory market, paint colors are not going to be a problem at all. I'd be more concerned about the steep driveway, but as long as it's in good shape and, as you say, the other driveways are similar, even that's probably fine too.

Good luck!

Old 12-30-2013, 08:07 AM

106 posts, read 229,491 times
If you want to see a house with some WILD wall colors...check this out:

2007 Wake Bridge Drive, Whitsett NC - Trulia

Old 12-30-2013, 08:15 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierced View Post
If you want to see a house with some WILD wall colors...check this out:

Yowsa. Actually, the house is staged pretty well and I'd like to see all the rooms in person (although I wouldnt want to stay long). I could understand the owner's appreciating those bold colors enough to live with them -- but I'd love to see the reaction of potential buyers who havent seen the house online.

And I got a laugh out of the last sentence in the description: "Being sold As-Is".

Old 12-30-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Yowsa. Actually, the house is staged pretty well and I'd like to see all the rooms in person (although I wouldnt want to stay long). I could understand the owner's appreciating those bold colors enough to live with them -- but I'd love to see the reaction of potential buyers who havent seen the house online.
I tried to get a showing and they never responded. I love the staging too. The house looks like a model.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:20 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierced View Post
I tried to get a showing and they never responded. I love the staging too. The house looks like a model.

I edited my post to comment on the last sentence of the description. Did you see it? LOL.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:06 AM

I asked my realtor to find out if the "AS-IS" was because of the colors or something structural. I would personally have no problem getting a bargain on a well built house that needed paint.

We seem to be addicted to buying "fixers" and taking them to their potential, then selling. I am getting tired of doing it, so I do hope that the house I just bought is the last house. We are going to replace all the flooring and probably tile the master and.. and ... and... *sigh*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate