Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 12:18 PM

265 posts, read 952,819 times

Advertisements

Also the data that is on the site is not up to date since they only update the IDX feeds weekly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 03:29 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,026,260 times
I never use Realtor.com anymore

Can only search lot by acreage and must start at 1/2 acre, boo. Most of the property taxes is unavailable. Never has the right amount of photos or maybe they just charge to much. So glad I have a local website that is awesome.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:15 PM

468 posts, read 1,379,580 times
I know the FMLS here in Georgia allows an agent to set up search parameters by a gazillion different stipulation. Why don't you contact an agent and see if they can set you up on something?

Old 02-12-2011, 09:57 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,293,258 times
I used realtor.com the last time we moved, but I have used other sites to find my other houses. The problem with a couple other sites I like is that they do not cover my area. Our next move will be to an area with good coverage, but I hope a buyer is able to find our house here!

Old 02-12-2011, 10:27 AM

470 posts, read 1,501,081 times
While I do have premium listings on Realtor.com I do not use it searching for homes for my buyers. Nor do I use many of the other sites. I rely primarily on my two local MLS sites, as well as my knowledge of local FSBO's and other unlisted or pocket listed properties. There is little control over what is listed on the syndicated sites such as Realtor.com, Zillow, etc. There are often multiple listings for the same properties, often with conflicting information.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:41 PM

140 posts, read 542,577 times
Zip Realty has the best web site and the interactive map it great - however recently it has changed and not for the better. Many Zip offices are closing 2/14/11.

Does anyone know of a good web site for Tampa or Minneapolis?

Old 02-13-2011, 07:02 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeshonder View Post
While I do have premium listings on Realtor.com I do not use it searching for homes for my buyers. Nor do I use many of the other sites. I rely primarily on my two local MLS sites, as well as my knowledge of local FSBO's and other unlisted or pocket listed properties. There is little control over what is listed on the syndicated sites such as Realtor.com, Zillow, etc. There are often multiple listings for the same properties, often with conflicting information.

The new Realtor.com works against the sellers. It used to be so easy for buyers to do a search, the categories were "normal" and folks could modify their search a lot easier without losing the page or starting all over again.

They must have hired some whiz kid geek who knows nadda about how to "find" criteria. Geesh.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:19 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Kipnis View Post
In fact, hundreds of thousands of Realtors tell us Realtor.com is the best online web site today to market their client listings and their own brands. More real buyers continually come to Realtor.com as compared to other real estate web sites actively looking to connect with local agents, search active property listings and find relevant info for their real estate search activities.

Realtor.com is the only real estate web site that receives feeds from 100% of all MLSs and updates 75% of those for sale listings every 15 minutes, so info on price changes, property status changes, etc. are up-to-date and dependable. The remainder of the listings on Realor.com are updated every 1 to 24 hours.

Thanks for bringing this up to the community for discussion. We look forward to hearing from you!

--Jill Kipnis, Community Manager @Realtor.com

Thanks for your input and reply Jill ... but the Realtors on here are expressing opinions from their experiences, and feedback from buyers and sellers. We know about the MLS feeds and the updates etc. It is not as easy for buyers to search for homes as it was before. Others will chime in with their responses.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:16 AM

1,465 posts, read 5,147,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
The new Realtor.com works against the sellers. It used to be so easy for buyers to do a search, the categories were "normal" and folks could modify their search a lot easier without losing the page or starting all over again.

They must have hired some whiz kid geek who knows nadda about how to "find" criteria. Geesh.
Agree! If you aren't careful, the 'Back" button takes you back to the beginning. As an example, you open a map and zoom to where you want to go, select detail on a house, and then hit the back button. Bang, back the beginning for you. Reopen the map, re-pan/re-zoom to your location, etc.

Very poor user experience.

redfin is better but what started out as a great system has stalled in its tracks. Their mapping is better than realtor.com though. They need to improve the interface. They are spending their efforts expanding their regions. The data is different too, I have a feeling redfin is more current. Imagine that, they use realtor.com's data.

redfin could really soar here but for some reason, they are stuck. So, it will be up to the next enterprising group. Or maybe one of these existing companies will hire a team of user interface people that understand their users. I do not think realtor.com will make any significant moves forward. They just don't have it in them. They seem content on telling people they are the best rather than listening to what people want. Sorry Jill. You are not the best.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:24 AM

5,342 posts, read 14,140,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I always found realtor.com to be very slow. Stopped looking at it regularly a long time ago.
x2. Way to slow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate