Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 03:21 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,670,074 times

Advertisements

Yes, I am somewhat bored today, and was looking at listings in my neighborhood. This place is a B&B -- it's a trendy, hip section of town, and I think the asking price is less than I expected. But many of the pictures are odd choices, IMO -- why do I want closeups of furniture, and no pictures of the kitchen or bathrooms? It makes you wonder.

146 Pine Street, Portland ME - Trulia

Edited to add: further research shows that this listing comes furnished, so I guess that's why the detailed pics of furnishings, but still, wouldn't they want to show the kitchen at least?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 03:31 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,547,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Yes, I am somewhat bored today, and was looking at listings in my neighborhood. This place is a B&B -- it's a trendy, hip section of town, and I think the asking price is less than I expected. But many of the pictures are odd choices, IMO -- why do I want closeups of furniture, and no pictures of the kitchen or bathrooms? It makes you wonder.

Edited to add: further research shows that this listing comes furnished, so I guess that's why the detailed pics of furnishings, but still, wouldn't they want to show the kitchen at least?
I agree about not showing the kitchen, but the place itself is beautiful; and Portland is quite nice. When I saw that it is Trulia's website, that may answer your question as I believe they don't show all of the photos that are picked up from the listing agent's website or the MLS IDX. PS: I just checked the Sotheby's website and they have a few more photos but still not of the kitchen. Lovely place nevertheless.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:32 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times
It is a little odd to show pictures of a ordinary lamp and a mirror. They should have shown the bathrooms and the kitchen which are the key points in selling a house. Maybe the realtor is inexperienced. It is nicely decorated and I like the paint on the walls.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:15 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,670,074 times
It is nice, and I love this neighborhood. I just imagine that the kitchen and baths must not be updated or something -- otherwise I cannot think of why at least the kitchen was not included. If we had the money I'd buy it and use it as a single family house like the other side of the duplex.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:20 PM

251 posts, read 209,364 times
Pictures look average to me.
The lamp one I would say was to show the wall covering detail with wood border.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:57 PM

553 posts, read 1,027,048 times
Is the furniture included? ))
Well, just a hypothesis - they hired a photographer and forgot to explain him what he actually should shoot )))), so he made the most artsy pictures he could.
There is a lot of things about this real estate agents' job you cannot explain. Sometimes you see a picture of one and the same room the only difference one is blurry and the other is not... So,
Do not even try.))

Old 03-21-2011, 12:29 PM

191 posts, read 946,292 times
Yeah it looks like they're trying to sell the furniture more than the house. Kind of weird. Unless all the furniture comes with the house!

Old 03-21-2011, 01:21 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,582,493 times
Quote:
...Edited to add: further research shows that this listing comes furnished, so I guess that's why the detailed pics of furnishings, but still, wouldn't they want to show the kitchen at least?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsaroad View Post
Yeah it looks like they're trying to sell the furniture more than the house. Kind of weird. Unless all the furniture comes with the house!
As noted, it comes furnished.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:12 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:

Maybe because in some B&B's the kitchen is off limits to guests. Also those who like B&B's are probably seeking special/historic overall ambiance and place a lesser importance on updated baths.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:32 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,794,627 times
It's a whole lot less odd than a lot of pictures I've taken for houses for sale around here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate