Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Realtors want to price people’s home too low, sellers must fight back and keep prices at appraised value, don’t give homes away

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 03:29 PM

10,892 posts, read 21,846,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
You might be one of the better realtors who will have a job what ever will happen in the real estate market, but many others will not. The numbers that came out today show a the lowest numbers of sales and prices fell again. This is the lowest since 25 years so this time things will change but one thing will not change. People will make money with buying and selling homes even in a down market.
We most definitely agree on this. The market is subject supply and demand like any other business but savvy buyers, sellers, and agents will do just fine. As far as agents go...I'm fine with the occasional culling of the herd for the betterment of the whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 05:48 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,766,856 times
Thumbs up Hey Beena, I've been wondering the EXACT same thing ;-0

Thanks for giving me a good chuckle today !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Every one of you realtors agrees that there are some really bad realtors out there. However, amazingly, none of them appear to be on these forums.

So if you are a realtor, and you suck, would you please tell us a little about yourself?

Old 05-24-2008, 08:46 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,118,135 times
Quote:
Decay and Bentle are right. I have bought and sold many properties on my own and it isn't that complicated. I don't plan to ever use a realtor again as the interenet gives me all the tools I need.

Come on!! All of you realtors agree that there are lousy realtors out there, so lets hear from some!! If you are a realtor and you suck please tell us a little about yourself!!

First, of all there are those that "suck" in every profession...teachers, doctors, accountants, truck drivers and there are those that do a great job. It is not specific to realtors.

Secondly, bad realtors are probably not on this forum because they are not into their careers enough to want to interact with those interested in real estate or the profession of real estate.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:43 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,905,735 times
Come on!! All of you realtors agree that there are lousy realtors out there, so lets hear from some!! If you are a realtor and you suck please tell us a little about yourself!!

A couple years ago, something similar finally popped in my head...

Have you ever noticed how you meet the "good" one in a divorce situation first? I have NEVER met the "jerk" first. NEVER!

Old 05-24-2008, 09:49 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,052,916 times
Default Please...

There have been any number of idiot agents on this site over the past year or so. The fact that you do not notice is your problem not mine.

It ain't hard to tell.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:25 PM

1,317 posts, read 5,257,156 times
Quote:
Decay and Bentle are right. I have bought and sold many properties on my own and it isn't that complicated. I don't plan to ever use a realtor again as the interenet gives me all the tools I need.

OMG thats funny! Thanks for the laugh Beena!

Greenchili

Old 05-24-2008, 11:16 PM

Why do people who disdain and hate realtors come to a site about real estate to disdain and hate realtors? I wonder if they are ex-realtors that either couldn't cut it or lost their license? Nothing else makes sense to spend this time here if you hate realtors.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:56 PM

474 posts, read 1,254,473 times
Default Just Relating Our Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Why do people who disdain and hate realtors come to a site about real estate to disdain and hate realtors? I wonder if they are ex-realtors that either couldn't cut it or lost their license? Nothing else makes sense to spend this time here if you hate realtors.
Dixiegirl, I'm sorry you feel that way. But somehow I just have to get some things out of my system. We bought (and later lost) our first house due to agents who thought nothing of taking advantage of our naivete. If we had had the internet like we do today, we would have recognized what was happening. But times were very different then.

Right now I am working with someone who is so-so. I can't understand why I am the one searching for prospective houses. I am disabled and it is very tiring and stressful for me. That is why I feel resentful. All she's done is walk us through two houses I found.

On the other hand, there was a realtor who was extremely helpful, sending us properties through email at least 3 times a week. We never did get to use him due to my mother's escalating illness, which has necessitated us moving closer to her and far away from his area. I am sure that if we went through a transaction with him, it would have been a very positive experience.

Perhaps I have made some bad choices. Only time will tell. I'm not bashing the entire profession but it is true that the "times they are a'changin". Guess we must all adjust in some manner!

Old 05-25-2008, 05:28 AM

200 posts, read 559,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You took the bait........the provacation.......and now you know it is all about those who enjoy vomiting on others. They bite back once you are hooked......indignant if you challenge their premise....outraged at their victimization......thrilled that you actually thought they were interested in your answers.......but they never reel you in....it is more fun for these anglers to watch you fight at the end of their hook.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCNYISHOME View Post
You took the bait........the provacation.......and now you know it is all about those who enjoy vomiting on others. They bite back once you are hooked......indignant if you challenge their premise....outraged at their victimization......thrilled that you actually thought they were interested in your answers.......but they never reel you in....it is more fun for these anglers to watch you fight at the end of their hook.
Oh, I am not taking any of it all that seriously. I just am amazed at how many people come on here just to bash realtors. Before I was a realtor, I never had any bad feelings for them. My experiences had been good I guess. Some people never have a good experience with anything they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate