Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 09:40 PM

2,059 posts, read 5,748,978 times

Advertisements

Given how many places you are apparently seeing, I don't blame the agent for not doing massive amounts of research. They have other clients too you know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 11:37 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,581,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojlo View Post
Given how many places you are apparently seeing, I don't blame the agent for not doing massive amounts of research. They have other clients too you know!
Agree. Do you really have a handle on what you want? It shouldn't take 3 months of 8 homes a week to find one unless your expectations are unrealistic.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:03 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,299 times
Just to give your agent the benefit of the doubt, sometimes on the MLS agent comments, it will say something like "DO NOT CALL TO ASK IF PROPERTY IS AVAILABLE. IF SAYS ACTIVE THEN ITS AVAILABLE. WILL NOT RETURN PHONE CALL."

I would be upset If I was showing the property and it was already under contract. I'd report thier listing for status violation on the MLS and apologize to the client for showing them a property under contract or even worse, SOLD!

Old 04-29-2011, 08:28 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,752,874 times
If you are truly interested in the house with the acreage supposedly up the hill, your agent could get a copy of the plot map from the seller's agent. I'm surprised a copy of it wasn't in the info folder at the house when you went for the showing.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:49 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,478,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Just to give your agent the benefit of the doubt, sometimes on the MLS agent comments, it will say something like "DO NOT CALL TO ASK IF PROPERTY IS AVAILABLE. IF SAYS ACTIVE THEN ITS AVAILABLE. WILL NOT RETURN PHONE CALL."

I would be upset If I was showing the property and it was already under contract. I'd report thier listing for status violation on the MLS and apologize to the client for showing them a property under contract or even worse, SOLD!
May not be a violation. In my area, you get 3 business days to report a status change to MLS. So if you get an accepted offer on Friday, it could still say active until the next Wednesday and not be a violation.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:23 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,224,774 times
When I was a new agent I spent countless hours researching questions on properties that my buyer clients subsequently had no interest in, now I tell them I will research any property that they are serious about and nobody has objected.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:18 PM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
May not be a violation. In my area, you get 3 business days to report a status change to MLS. So if you get an accepted offer on Friday, it could still say active until the next Wednesday and not be a violation.
I'd still flag it anyway and let the MLS decide. I can't stand when agents don't upgrade the status on their listings.

They sometimes keep it active to keep getting buyer lead calls even though the property is not available anymore.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:39 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
I'd still flag it anyway and let the MLS decide. I can't stand when agents don't upgrade the status on their listings.

They sometimes keep it active to keep getting buyer lead calls even though the property is not available anymore.
OH so you're one of THOSE types of agents.

I keed I keed......

Old 04-29-2011, 04:49 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,389,314 times
hey angry, your feelings are duly noted and pending on how many showings your looking at, if several at a time, than very possible your agent was waiting to see how serious you were on particular property. I have started calling the list agent whenever Im showing anything, cause too many lazy agents, that will not post it sold or pending and at least we know going in, we would be a backup.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:56 PM

646 posts, read 1,642,233 times
I'm guessing the agent maybe didn't know of the land issue until you got there. Agents simply show homes off the MLS, their job isn't to survey and stake out the lot. Maybe there weren't any pics of the yard in mls?
No biggie. Any home you buy, get a survey done.

As for showing a home already sold, that was a mistake. This happened to me last week! I called the agent the day I went to show it, no return call. Submitted an offer and got an email saying it was pending already! Some agents do not update the mls like they should, or they stink at returning calls.

My suggestion- come up with your budget. Come up with a list of needs. Then a list of wants. Have the agent show you the best homes that come close and try to make a decision. Good luck to you!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate