Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 04:46 PM

41 posts, read 96,950 times

Advertisements

I have seen houses with this agent since this Feb. At first, she usually picks up my phone very quickly. But since one month ago, very often she doesn't answer my phone. I have to call her several times, and she will eventually called me back at her own schedule with the excuse such as she muted the phone or she was out without her phone. We are kind of in a hurry because my child is going to K and we have been very tired of seeing house. Since this May, we have made two offers, and I am going to make a third offer now. Since she doesn't answer my phone, (I have called her four times)we can not even submit our offer. This house looks good, and I am really worried that we may miss it without being able to submit an offer ASAP.
What should I do? Is it ethical to fire her if we can not get this house? I get so frustrated with such an agent...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 04:48 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
Yes it is ethical to fire your agent if you aren't satisfied with their service. If you have a buyer agency agreement you will need to review the terms of termination of the contract.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:59 PM

4,565 posts, read 10,658,413 times
If your in the middle of submitting offers, and she is not calling you back, that is a problem. Talk to her about it. Ask her what the issue is.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:03 PM

We do not have an agreement. We are not so satisfied with her but as long as she can answer my phone in time, we will stick with her. I just can not understand why she does not answer my phone?

Yes, that is why i am so mad at her. We saw the house this morning and talked to her clearly we would make an offer. When I got home at 4:00pm, I found she had emailed me the CMA report but no Seller disclosure. We read the report and called her immediately after we decided the offer price, but no answer up to now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
If your in the middle of submitting offers, and she is not calling you back, that is a problem. Talk to her about it. Ask her what the issue is.

Last edited by Marka; 05-31-2011 at 01:17 AM..

Old 05-28-2011, 05:24 PM

165 posts, read 588,808 times
There is no excuse for an agent not getting back to you within a timely manner. The only time I do not answer my phone....morning, evening, night and all weekends......is if I'm writing an offer. I even excuse myself and take the call during showings and listings. That may seem rude, but if they don't hear my voice...they might call someone else. The agents in my area don't call back if they are part time agents and don't really need the income. I'm full time, so....I'm going to be there with bells on.

That being said, are you making counter offers on one piece of property or is this the third home your offering on??????

Old 05-28-2011, 05:31 PM

It's a third home we are making an offer.
She just called me back but when I rushed to my bedroom from the living room to get my phone. (We are now living in a two bedroom APT.)It stopped to ring. And then I called her back immediately twice. and guess what, voice mail again!!!

at 7:00pm, the agent called and told me she was eating outside. It was too noisy so she didn't hear the ringing. The first call i made was at about 4:30pm!!! We talked about the offer, and she said she would write the offer tonight. now it is 10:11pm, nothing happened yet.

I have decided if I can not get this house I will fire her.

Last edited by Marka; 05-31-2011 at 01:17 AM..

Old 05-28-2011, 10:02 PM

468 posts, read 1,379,723 times
You probably do need to look into finding a new agent.

If I had a ready willing and able buyer, I'd be answering that call on the first ring if I could.

I'm wondering if the other offers had anything to do with the agent's frustration - i.e. offers too low, etc.

I would have no problem telling a buyer that I'm unable to service them (not sure WHY I'd be unable to service them!) but no use in playing cat and mouse with someone.

Good luck!

Old 05-29-2011, 12:31 AM

2,879 posts, read 7,780,709 times
Fire her. They all are completely wired. No excuse. I fired an insurance agent a few weeks ago for taking five days to get back to me....I wasn't even making a claim, nor did I ever. I put an Email into my ZIp agent on Monday, she very enthusiastically called and said she could help me. Then I told her it was a lower end condo....She may not make it through the weekend as my agent in that city. I request specifically for an agent to use Docusign--those agents know how to quickly write a good offer, and get it delivered in a timely manner. My last house was purchased from WFC--not one single wet signature--not even at Great American Title. I was actually 14 time zones away, and came back the day before closing. I stopped by the next day, at her office, just to make sure we did everything we were suppose to--and that was even unnecessary.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:23 AM

82 posts, read 286,815 times
I would suggest you tell your agent that if she doesn't answer within 2-3 hours (in case she's showing properties, writing up an offer, at a closing) that you will take your business elsewhere. That way she's forewarned and you're prepared to find another agent. There are too many other reliable and responsive agents that want your business.

Agents that have Docusign aren't necessarily a better class of agent, as is being implied in that last post. We can all write up quick and good offers. DS is a fantastic tool that makes everyone's lives easier and keeps trees from being killed.

Best of luck in your purchase!

Old 05-29-2011, 09:40 AM

Yesterday she emailed me the offer she prepared at 10:13pm. We checked the offer and found some problems, but we thought it was too late too call her, so we decided to ask her this morning.

I waited until 10:19 am this morning to call her because we did not want to bother her too early. I called her twice and and she didn't answer.

She sure knows we like the house and I have told her my offer price is 285000. The listing price is 299000. I think it is a very reasonable offer. What should I do now?

She just called back and said she was driving...

Last edited by Reaare; 05-29-2011 at 09:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate