Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 03:14 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,281 times

Advertisements

From reading the original post and subsequent posts it doesn't seem like English is the primary language of the OP (please forgive me if I am wrong in this assumption). Is it possible that there was a mis-communication between the realtor and the OP. This does happen ALL THE TIME between people that are both fluent in english so it's very easy to assume that what the realtor said was misinterpreted by the OP.

I believe that is what RJRCM was talking about. We only have one side of the story...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 03:31 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,743,344 times
BUT...if a misunderstanding were the explanation, the agent would not have dragged this out and promised to fulfill his obligation over and over again. Assuming all the details are correct, the agent's behavior is completely inconsistent with a misunderstanding.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
BUT...if a misunderstanding were the explanation, the agent would not have dragged this out and promised to fulfill his obligation over and over again. Assuming all the details are correct, the agent's behavior is completely inconsistent with a misunderstanding.
There's your sign

Old 06-13-2011, 04:03 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,743,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJoe4181 View Post
There's your sign
....No, I didn't lock my keys in my car, I just washed it and thought I'd hang it outside to dry.

<you may be the only one who has a clue what the heck I'm saying...>

Old 06-13-2011, 05:58 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,755 times
Quote:
From reading the original post and subsequent posts it doesn't seem like English is the primary language of the OP (please forgive me if I am wrong in this assumption). Is it possible that there was a mis-communication between the realtor and the OP. This does happen ALL THE TIME between people that are both fluent in english so it's very easy to assume that what the realtor said was misinterpreted by the OP.

I believe that is what RJRCM was talking about. We only have one side of the story...
I've been thinking the exact same thing...

Old 06-13-2011, 09:20 PM

553 posts, read 1,026,883 times
Quote:

Very clever,

Yet,
While having such poor English, the OP did menage to buy a house and went through all the buying steps without misunderstanding,
all the inspection,
all the closing,
... everything

the only misunderstanding in the whole story is that the agent keeps promising the rebate and then disappears.
misunderstanding, right.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:29 PM

32 posts, read 62,443 times
Oh I am a bit unhappy to hear that my English is poor, but it's ok that you are telling me what you think. Yes, english is not my first language. Sorry. The reason that I bought a property in america is because the price is quite low now, BUT it doesn't mean that I deserve to be cheated by my realtor. My realtor knows that I am an overseas investor and will stay in USA temporarily from the beginning of buying this property. This is not a matter of money now, this is a matter of his professionalism and integrity. I don't want other people will suffer again.

I called him 8 times, left voice messages, also sent emails to him last Saturday. Why doesn't he reply me by any means until now? I can't have other answers to explain this.

I am currently doing something about this matter but now is not a right time to post it here (I don't know if my realtor is reading!). Of course what I am doing is legal and ethical.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressy View Post
Very clever,

Yet,
While having such poor English, the OP did menage to buy a house and went through all the buying steps without misunderstanding,
all the inspection,
all the closing,
... everything

the only misunderstanding in the whole story is that the agent keeps promising the rebate and then disappears.
misunderstanding, right.

Last edited by Starrynight12; 06-13-2011 at 11:38 PM..

Old 06-14-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressy View Post
Very clever,

Yet,
all the inspection,
all the closing,
... everything

misunderstanding, right.
So based on that information I am to assume that you have NEVER misunderstood someone. Ever.

good to know.

Look I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong here. To be completely honest I could really care less about the entire situation. I am just a firm believer in "innocent until proven guilty". There have been HUNDREDS of times in my life where I have either been misunderstood or have misunderstood others. If after every one of those slips ups I had been bashed or my reputation been tarnished I'd probably be living under a bridge rocking back and forth telling everyone that walks past "my what a lovely tea party".

Everyone makes mistakes. Get over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrynight12 View Post
Oh I am a bit unhappy to hear that my English is poor, but it's ok that you are telling me what you think. Yes, english is not my first language. Sorry. The reason that I bought a property in america is because the price is quite low now, BUT it doesn't mean that I deserve to be cheated by my realtor. My realtor knows that I am an overseas investor and will stay in USA temporarily from the beginning of buying this property. This is not a matter of money now, this is a matter of his professionalism and integrity. I don't want other people will suffer again.

I called him 8 times, left voice messages, also sent emails to him last Saturday. Why doesn't he reply me by any means until now? I can't have other answers to explain this.

I am currently doing something about this matter but now is not a right time to post it here (I don't know if my realtor is reading!). Of course what I am doing is legal and ethical.

Thanks for all your suggestions.
Your English is actually quite good. I was just stating that it appeared as if English was not your primary language.

OP let me ask you something, does this realtor in questions work for a large real estate firm or are they in business for themselves? Does this agent have a "Broker In Charge"? Does that state you purchased in have a real estate commission?

Old 06-14-2011, 02:17 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,755 times
Quote:
I am just a firm believer in "innocent until proven guilty". There have been HUNDREDS of times in my life where I have either been misunderstood or have misunderstood others. If after every one of those slips ups I had been bashed or my reputation been tarnished I'd probably be living under a bridge rocking back and forth telling everyone that walks past "my what a lovely tea party".
Exactly!

Old 06-14-2011, 03:19 PM

32 posts, read 62,443 times
Tell you what have happened today..

This property was owned by both my husband & I. I asked my husband to call this broker today (because he is now escaping me!) and talked with him. My husband contacted him successfully. Here were what this broker's replies:

1) He knew that I wait for him last Sat, but he did not bring his phone all day last Saturday so he couldn't call me back. (My remark: I am VERY angry to hear this bull **** answer. He did not give me any respond until my husband call him!)

2) He knew that he is owing us money, but he doesn't have money right now. He will have a couple of deals to close in coming days. (what?? Is that an explanation?)

3) He agreed to write an email to us today and confirm by email that he owe us money. ( This is my hushand's reqest. I think he is too kind to this broker. I am VERY doubt that he will do this!)

My question is: If this broker really write an email to me and confirm he owe us money, can I treat this as an evidence? Does this evidence support me to sue him?

Honestly I am dissatisfied with this conversation between them. I am planning to take more action soon if I can't get any replies from him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate