Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 09:15 PM

21 posts, read 41,498 times

Advertisements

We want to bid on a townhouse and want a 24-hour response. I think that's reasonable as we've sold houses and responded in that time before. Is there such a thing as a 'typical' turnaround time or does it vary according to the area's market. (We're in Miami, BTW, a VERY crazy real estate market.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 09:23 PM

468 posts, read 1,374,107 times
Nothing is typical in the market these days! lol

Kind of depends, I suppose - if the home has been on the market for awhile, you may get a quick response. If it's a new listings, maybe not so fast as they may wait to see what other offers come in.

If it's a gov't, corp or bank owned - no telling!

I will say that offers my buyers have put in have generally been responded to within 24-48 hours, regardless of 'ownership.'

Old 06-13-2011, 09:28 PM

34,091 posts, read 82,455,924 times
do what makes you happy.

as for me... unless they are NO OTHER contingencies or price issues to complicate the evaluation of the offer...
I'm gonna take the time I feel that I need to evaluate it and won't care a whit about your time demand.

Or... when you're agent points it out... I'd probably stop them right there and say good bye.
Depends on my mood that afternoon (but I can be a stubborn and contrary SOB that way).

Want to take the chance?

Old 06-13-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Nothing is typical in the market these days! lol
So true...as the Chinese curse goes, "May you live in interesting times..."

We're buying in Miami, which is a crazy city anyway, so I don't know how much you know about it but we're on our 3rd agent, who's been helpful, finally. It is a new listing but there's a tenant there who just made it VERY difficult for us to see the property. We thought we'd get in today but yesterday our agent said that because they have their precious house guests, we have to wait until Wed. Like this process hasn't been torturous enough for us. That and what I just mentioned, make me want to only give them 24 hours. I'm so sick of people wasting my time. People in Miami can be ridiculous and spoiled. We are serious prequalified home buyers (this ain't our first time on the rodeo circuit - 3rd-time home purchase) and I don't understand why it's been so &^%^%ing hard to a) get an agent who listens and doesn't give attitude b) get into houses (perhaps some of this is the seller's 'issues') and c) make an offer and have it countered in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks peachstate!

Last edited by Fuschia99; 06-13-2011 at 10:00 PM..

Old 06-13-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
do what makes you happy.

as for me... unless they are NO OTHER contingencies or price issues to complicate the evaluation of the offer...
I'm gonna take the time I feel that I need to evaluate it and won't care a whit about your time demand.

Or... when you're agent points it out... I'd probably stop them right there and say good bye.
Depends on my mood that afternoon (but I can be a stubborn and contrary SOB that way).

Want to take the chance?
Why are you even selling your house with that attitude? You must not be motivated at all, to say the least. I would hate to be your listing agent.

Oh, and BTW, you didn't even use proper spelling in your post. It's "your" agent, not "you're."

Old 06-14-2011, 09:54 PM

468 posts, read 1,374,107 times
Tenants can make it difficult when it comes to viewing properties, although, they're just that - tenants and not the owners.

Be sure to have something in the contract (if you do make an offer) that takes care of 'removal of the tenants' so that you're not left with going thru evictions, if necessary.

Yeah, I'm appalled at some of the stories I hear about agents - just makes me more determined to be the best I can and do the best I can - to prove them all wrong!

Old 06-14-2011, 11:22 PM

553 posts, read 1,023,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuschia99 View Post
We want to bid on a townhouse and want a 24-hour response. I think that's reasonable as we've sold houses and responded in that time before. Is there such a thing as a 'typical' turnaround time or does it vary according to the area's market. (We're in Miami, BTW, a VERY crazy real estate market.)
we always wrote in an offer that the acceptance if any should be done "upon presentation". so they either take it or counter offer. Hey, those are just numbers, that they should have had in their had already. what is there to think about it? it is not a marriage proposal. the only time when it may not work is when it is some kind of REO.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:24 PM

553 posts, read 1,023,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
do what makes you happy.

Want to take the chance?
who cares.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:22 AM

2,059 posts, read 5,728,022 times
If you're prepared to walk away from every deal that doesn't go as you want it to then feel free to make whatever demands you want, but if you find yourself still unable to buy anything and looking for your fourth realtor it may be time to re-evaluate your own attitude.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:45 AM

34,091 posts, read 82,455,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojlo View Post
If you're prepared to walk away from every deal that doesn't go as you want it to then feel free to make whatever demands you want, but if you find yourself still unable to buy anything and looking for your fourth realtor it may be time to re-evaluate your own attitude.
whatever do you mean?
the problem can't possibly be even remotely related to the OP. tsk

it's "the market"... it's *always* the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate