Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 05:50 PM

10,964 posts, read 21,980,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Oh well, my lawyer made a mistake ... I just sold property with an FHA buyer and his $3,500 in fees were added to the sale price. That was here in NC. I'll give you his phone number and you can tell him how it works.

FHA Closing Assistance - Seller Paid

VA Loans and Closing Costs - Read the Frequently Asked Questions at VA Mortgage Center.com
Sorry, may have misinterpreted your post. I thought you meant extra cost for the seller but if they are rolled into the loan or added to the sales price I don't really consider it to be coming out the seller pocket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 06:10 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,539,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Sorry, may have misinterpreted your post. I thought you meant extra cost for the seller but if they are rolled into the loan or added to the sales price I don't really consider it to be coming out the seller pocket.
It works out well for both parties as an end result; and if the buyer qualifies for what I consider a big loan, it's good for buyer and seller. However they get to an amenable closing, everyone is happy. I have a soft spot for veterans too, and believe they deserve every break available. (Sometimes that word "fraud" is used where it doesn't apply; and folks have a tendency to shoot from the hip looking for an opportunity to blame.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate