Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 08:27 AM

840 posts, read 2,446,057 times

Advertisements

I have had my house listed for 3 months. am going to be changing realtors as all feedback is that people love the house; I have even had people contact me directly to say so. However, I am having some major issues with my realtor.

Below are my concerns and I would like some confirmation that my feelings are justified:

I often have to call them to ask for open houses

have had 4 agents do the open house

response times are typically 2 days for my emails and voicemails

i always show at appointments; realtor has not shown the house outside of open houses

they have brought exactly one couple in outside of the open houses

40 couples have seen the house; I have gotten feedback from the realtor 4 times

Am I missing something? They also have not had my house featured as a featured listing once on their site. Everything is new, it's priced right. Had one offer from a couple who walked away. What gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 09:24 AM

244 posts, read 747,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunk10 View Post
I have had my house listed for 3 months. am going to be changing realtors as all feedback is that people love the house; I have even had people contact me directly to say so. However, I am having some major issues with my realtor.

Below are my concerns and I would like some confirmation that my feelings are justified:

i always show at appointments; realtor has not shown the house outside of open houses

Am I missing something? They also have not had my house featured as a featured listing once on their site. Everything is new, it's priced right. Had one offer from a couple who walked away. What gives?
You have had 40 showings on the property and one offer? You are priced too high. Second, your Realtor most likely is not going to be the one that brings a buyer. If you had 40 showings in 3 months than they are doing their job. As a listing agent your job is to get the property as much exposure as possible and with your number they have done that. The only thing I question about the agent is why did they take a 3 month contract on an overpriced property? Where in the country is the average days on the market under 90 days?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:41 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,580,010 times
I agree with byoak above. Some additional comments:

Quote:

Have you discussed their perspective on open houses? Many agents don't think they add any real value to finding buyers for your home. Agents mainly see them as an opportunity to find new clients.

And they were probably mainly interested in getting new clients that likely aren't interested in your home.

Agree, that seems too long. Again, have you discussed expectations?

Having the listing agent present for showings may be traditional in your area, but not mine. Especially not recommended to have the seller present.

Seems like decent traffic for 3 months. Agree, your price is probably too high if only 1 lukewarm offer after 40 showings.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:43 AM

dropped price a month ago+. the agent i am using to buy with said it is priced right and pulled comps. and no, not 40 showings, 40 total including 8 open houses. only 7 appointments.

3 houses in worse locations and in nowhere near as good shape have sold in last 2 months and the commonality is that they came through another realtor in the area. what about my other issues?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:48 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,580,010 times
Quote:
...3 houses in worse locations and in nowhere near as good shape have sold in last 2 months ...
Again, points to an issue with your price.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:50 AM

and sorry, misspoke. listed since february. they push for open houses usually but last two weeks i have had to call. now haven't spoken to anyone but the receptionist since tuesday. one guy who came to see the house called me directly cause his call went unanswered for 2 days

Old 06-17-2011, 09:51 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
Honest question. What do you think a different agent is going to do to get your house sold?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:52 AM

they were same list price as mine, one was higher. sell price was about what i am looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
Again, points to an issue with your price.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:54 AM

honestly, an agent in my neighborhood couldn't hurt. additionally, everyone who comes to my neighborhood comes from basically one of 4 places and they aren't advertising there. the communication is really one of the bigger concerns. i basically have no dedicated agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Honest question. What do you think a different agent is going to do to get your house sold?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:56 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
In my area listing agents don't show the house. Mine is for sale now and my agent said the same thing about open houses(to get new clients) and typically the newer agents in the office do them for everyone.

No matter what your other agent says, it seems either your price is too high or there is something off-putting that you do not know. In my case, it was a strong pet odor that I couldn't smell. I had to fix that fast.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate