Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 12:51 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,845,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingbyron View Post
You mean like workshops? Yes, they're allowed. Garage is oversized (2.5 car garage, whatever that means....)
2.5 car garage usually means it's larger than a standard garage (which are around 20x20 or 22x22 depending on your area), so yours is probably 22x28 (guessing). That's not bad, but as someone just posted in this section, large garages are the #1 desire of homebuyers now (I've actually heard that for 7 or 8 years). In our area, $250K+ new homes pretty much all come with 3 car garages now. 2 stalls for cars and 1 stall for junk.

I meant "shed" as in a detached storage building that someone could build or put up in the backyard somewhere. I'm thinking for the riding lawn mower, rakes, shovels, bikes in the winter, etc.. Are they allowed by your HOA? (assuming you have an HOA)

Do you get any feedback from your listing agent? Does she have the showing agents fill out a feedback form after showings? Likes, dislikes, objections, etc..?

Sorry for all the questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 12:54 PM

341 posts, read 1,673,192 times
Oh my goodness - we are in Phx and if this house was here it would go for 400,000 atleast - incredible home - I wish I wanted to live in Ga when ours sells here
we have also been on the market for 8mos and the same type of numbers you are having
3-5 maybe a month
on par with sq ft dollars - CMA etc
I think it is a waiting game - sign of the non funds that are available and the non fundable people available - we just have to perservere
We thought about the same - come off the market and relist in a month or so - but the realtors can still see that you listed before and relisted -
the customers only get that info ffrom rrealtors (here anyway) - they are talking out here in AZ of removing the DOM from the paperwork that is printed out and only available to realtors in the system when they look for that particular info
Good Luck... hang in there - but don't give away your hard earned equity that you and your husband worked for - a realtor would love us all to drop and they still get paid
Are they willing to drop their fees or kick in part of the discounted dollars? Or discount their points for the reduced price?

Old 08-08-2007, 01:15 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,589,470 times
We don't really have an HOA, just protective covenants...but the covenants allow for sheds/workshops.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:17 PM

oh, sorry, yes we get feedback. The only negative we really have ever had was no trees.
All other feedback has been positive....

Old 08-08-2007, 01:50 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,845,845 times
Sounds like the fundamentals are all there.

Without knowing all the details of your area, the only thing that jumps out at me is the MLS differences in the beginning and the fact that no other brokerages have shown your home. I'd have it listed in every MLS that you think might draw more showings from other brokerages. If your area is overlapped by multiple MLS's, by all means list in all of them. And maybe other agents don't like your listing agent or the brokerage (??) I've seen agents steer buyers away from listings just because they don't want to deal with a particular difficult agent or brokerage. Or talk buyers out of buying a certain home just because of the brokerage. It's unethical, but so are a lot of practices I've seen. Not saying that's the case, but it is very strange. If you had had 0 showings, it would be different, but you've had showings only by your listing brokerage, AND homes have sold in your sub. Something strange there. Make sense?

Although you hate to go a third agent, it might be time, especially if they have sold homes recently in your neighborhood.

Good luck!

Old 08-08-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Something strange there. Make sense?
I thought it was a bit strange, too...the only 3 possible reasons I could think of that happening was a) hard feelings towards the brokerage (which is highly unlikely) b.) other brokerages are pushing their own listings so hard in this market that perhaps their not showing anyone else's listings, therefore trying to keep all commission (even more unlikely), or c.) the MLS we are on, or d.) the price (because I know it's not the condition! )

oops sorry that was four reasons...

Old 08-08-2007, 04:00 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
For one, you have too many photos up - I would do 6 to 10 max. The front pic, crop the bad grass out of.

I would consider listing with another agent and I'm not sure I would sign a contract for over 3 months. From what I've seen / heard, agents get discouraged after 2 months if they can't sell it.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:50 PM

341 posts, read 1,673,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
For one, you have too many photos up - I would do 6 to 10 max. The front pic, crop the bad grass out of.

I would consider listing with another agent and I'm not sure I would sign a contract for over 3 months. From what I've seen / heard, agents get discouraged after 2 months if they can't sell it.
Interesting you say that - do you believe that "discouraged after 2 months?"
we have been on the market in PHX for over 7 months and our agent has had the home for 3.5 and has not brought anyone through. I am curious now - mmaybe there is some truth to this...

Old 08-08-2007, 05:12 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGAZ View Post
Interesting you say that - do you believe that "discouraged after 2 months?"
we have been on the market in PHX for over 7 months and our agent has had the home for 3.5 and has not brought anyone through. I am curious now - mmaybe there is some truth to this...
Yes I do believe it. They pour $$ into advertising in the beginning and expect it to sell. When it doesn't they are digging into their commission for more advertising.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:15 PM

363 posts, read 1,360,018 times
Offer to pay the buyers closing costs with a full price (your bottom line) offer. Also give the SELLING agent a $1000 bonus. Do your own advertising on craigslist and iggyshouse.com

Beautiful house!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate