Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 09:43 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,136,991 times

Advertisements

I live on well water and septic. There has been a buzz lately that we may get city services in the future. Most of us in our sub have irrigation systems and I think most would keep the well open just to water the grass. I would say it would be a perk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 07:17 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times
One more point; I wouldn't test the water and make it clear its for irrigation ONLY. One possible (not probable, I'm just thinking about all aspects to this and impact on sale) thing would happen is they test the water and find it is not fit for human consumption (because possibly ground water leaks back into the well) and expect remedies. If you tested the water and found it had unsafe bacteria in it you would have to divulge that knowledge. So, as a cautious seller, I'd make sure this was a great selling point but be clear that you don't drink this water and have never tested it and you are selling the house with a well that is for irrigation only. Just covering all bases.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:45 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times
Squirl- That is a great point!
If we use it for irrigation, the system would most likely be piped and would not be available for consumption. But (now that you have cautioned me about it) it will be made clear that the water is untested and for irrigation only.

Thanks for all your advice! Boy, I have done a 180 on this idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate