Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 11:32 AM

675 posts, read 1,816,711 times

Advertisements

Thanks a lot Silverfall and 2bindenver, now I understand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 11:33 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,281 times
<---- ESA. Exclusive Sellers Agent. Since I work for a builder I only represent the seller(builder) in the transaction.

Thats why I am having a hard time wrapping my mind about getting into a procurring cause pi$$ing contest. If I had people walk through my door today sans agent but they told me later that they had been working with an agent I would still pay that agent a commission.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:37 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJoe4181 View Post
<---- ESA. Exclusive Sellers Agent. Since I work for a builder I only represent the seller(builder) in the transaction.

Thats why I am having a hard time wrapping my mind about getting into a procurring cause pi$$ing contest. If I had people walk through my door today sans agent but they told me later that they had been working with an agent I would still pay that agent a commission.
Sounds like this builder doesn't pay a commission at all regardless of when the agent was introduced. Which I have to say sounds like they just don't want buyers to have representation.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:39 AM

Yeah I would tend to agree. But that can get him in a sticky situation should an agent actually bring a buyer to him. I guess he just isn't in the business to sell homes.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:05 PM

15,577 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJoe4181 View Post
Yeah I would tend to agree. But that can get him in a sticky situation should an agent actually bring a buyer to him. I guess he just isn't in the business to sell homes.

But it wasn't the agent's relationship that brought them together. The buyer found the builder and asked her agent to attend the meeting.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
But it wasn't the agent's relationship that brought them together. The buyer found the builder and asked her agent to attend the meeting.
Right. I was saying that if the builder truly does not pay commission to ANY agents regardless of when they were introduced the builder could get himself in a sticky situation should an agent bring a ready, willing, and able buyer to him.

But from the sounds of it no agent in their right mind would take a buyer there if the guy isn't will to pay commission.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:53 PM

675 posts, read 1,816,711 times
Quote:
So I don't understand why the buyer brought her agent to the builder? If the agent does the paperwork for her, then the buyer has to pay the commission (or fee or something like that) to the agent, but the builder has nothing to do with this because the agent didn't bring the customer to him.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:33 PM

15,577 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBy View Post
So I don't understand why the buyer brought her agent to the builder? If the agent does the paperwork for her, then the buyer has to pay the commission (or fee or something like that) to the agent, but the builder has nothing to do with this because the agent didn't bring the customer to him.

You need to ask the OP that. I assume they brought the agent there because they want representation but didn't realize that the builder wouldn't pay the agent.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:51 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
You need to ask the OP that. I assume they brought the agent there because they want representation but didn't realize that the builder wouldn't pay the agent.
Makes you wonder exactly how that meeting went after the person was introduced as their agent.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:58 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
1. I bet there is a buyer agency contract.
2. I bet this builder will cause trouble
3. Finding the house is the buyers job, getting to closing is the brokers job.
4. There is a way to ask the builder to credit the buyer so that they pay the broker.

I know it's hard to understand, but you get to live in the house, you hired a professional to get the whole job done, not just find you a house.
Good post, and Kev's below it as well. Why didn't you include the agent in the new construction search also? It would likely have alleviated the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate