Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 06:45 AM

445 posts, read 1,600,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
Keep in mind that most free advice is worth what you pay for it....LOL
As always with my free advice :

I guarantee triple your money back if not 100% satisfied !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 10:49 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,620,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
Please clarify:

1. Are you a member of the same HOA? I think the answer is yes but you did not clarify

2. If yes to #1, was the tree that fell on your home on HOA Common property or on a neighbors property?

3. If no to #1 then I see it as no difference regardless of who owns the adjacent property. An HOA or anybody else.

4. HOA's do carry insurance for/on common properties plus HOA's can be a far different animal (legally) people.

5. HOA's have a better chance of having more comprehensive insurance then a private owner might have, so I say it should not be a concern.

The HOA will play a role (how much I am not really sure) yet many are answering as if each is an individual property owner. Also many answering having no experience with the issue nor the laws in your state.

All in all I see this as a simple, common issue which can easily be answered even if you do not like the answer. Also the answer may well vary from state to state, HOA's, insurance companies, etc.

Keep in mind that most free advice is worth what you pay for it....LOL
THis was a "what if" post, no tree has actually fallen yet. Irene was approaching and the OP was worried.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:15 AM

102 posts, read 600,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post

The amazing thing is that lightening hit it, broke it in half and tossed it over my fence (doing NO damage) and tossing it right onto the neighbor's roof. We decided, after speaking with neighbor, that it was an omen, since he was quite the meanie to the n'hood kids!

Vicki

That's what I call karma...

Old 09-12-2017, 10:19 AM

1 posts, read 325 times
So heres my question: there is a healthy tree that fell during the winds from Irma in Surfside Beach, which is at the back of my yard, not on my property, but on the set back area surrounding the water behind our HOA homes. It landed across the water to the other neighborhoods property, not causing damage to anything. Who pays to have this tree cleaned up, the HOA?

Old 09-12-2017, 03:23 PM

6,406 posts, read 10,210,141 times
Another thing to consider for the OP is whether or not you have a zero lot line. In my HOA I only own the land my house is on and not my yard. In my community, the HOA is responsible for the trees on the property but I still have to maintain property insurance for my house. My community paid to take out a very large tree growing near my house a few years ago that was deemed to be unhealthy by an arborist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate