Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2011, 06:57 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times

Advertisements

Nothin bothers me.

I once lived in a snooty golf course subdivision with an out of control HOA. Folks were constantly coming up with new rules and the subdivision would vote on them and most passed. There was constant snitching on very minor issues in the subdivision, which was like something out of the stepford wives movie. It was so fake, the human aspect was gone.

Once we moved, I decided I didn't give a hoot about what anyone did to their property and I didn't want folks to give a hoot about what I did. Bought acreage with trees and woods so you can't see the homes from the road or from each other.

I don't care if neighbors don't cut their grass, I don't care where they park or what they do. I don't care if they have RVs or boats or 18 ugly cars or if their house is orange and purple or if they leave their trash cans on the road for a month.

Life is pretty darn enjoyable living like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 03:21 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,412,949 times
The street I live on and a few surrounding streets have houses all built before World War II, some before World War I (like mine) so not too many have original attached garages. Therefore, a lot of cars are parked on the street and in front of houses. Big deal, I don't care.

I grew up in a house with an attached garage and no one used it to park a car, we used it for additional storage. I am used to parking on the street/outside.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:06 PM

11 posts, read 48,515 times
pet peeves that i have about the neighborhood i live in is...

1. people who just leave trash in their yard and not clean up after themselves.

2. when my neighbors constantly work on thier cars, early in the morning till evening. with all thier racer friends working on their cars too, revving their engines. atleast close the garage and work on your cars.

3. when they always have a bunch of kids hanging outside of the house just looking at people as they pass by.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:12 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
I sort of get your first two. The third one had me irresistibly hearing in my head, "Mooooommmm! He's LOOKING AT ME!"

Old 09-13-2011, 01:23 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,236,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild79 View Post
pet peeves that i have about the neighborhood i live in is...

2. when my neighbors constantly work on thier cars, early in the morning till evening. with all thier racer friends working on their cars too, revving their engines. atleast close the garage and work on your cars.

But if they close the garage, while revving their cars, you'll have dead neighbors in the garage. I'd rather see & hear them, than smell them.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:48 AM

445 posts, read 1,604,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
But if they close the garage, while revving their cars, you'll have dead neighbors in the garage. I'd rather see & hear them, than smell them.
The smell will go away in a few weeks - and then it will be quite

Old 09-13-2011, 10:17 AM

521 posts, read 1,150,759 times
Default that's probably true down south, as there's more snakes there

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRose61 View Post
If the neighbors grass is taller than the trailer..... time to move.

seeing as the climate is warmer.
However, it doesn't bug me if the neighbors are not mowing their lawns on a weekly basis, and their grass gets a bit longer....

It seems in our area, if your neighbors are "adamant" about always mowing their lawns when their grass gets any higher than 1/2 inch, they also adamant about harassing you, telling you you cannot walk down the street, bothering you about any little thing they can, or rather should not be bothering you in the first place.
That certainly doesn't make it an attractive neighborhood to live in, like the poster earlier said about the rude girl who didn't want someone to park on her corner b/c her neighbor had an Open House.
That actually brings the Property Values down considerably.
You can ALWAYS do something about overgrown lawns, property in need of repair, etc. But often you cannnot do a DARN thing about a nasty or abusive neighbor! After awhile people decide to move out of that kind of neighborhood, which is a shame for those who really cannot afford to move, but are often forced to, due to bad neighbros.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:28 AM

521 posts, read 1,150,759 times
Default I can relate to that sware2cod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Nothin bothers me.

I once lived in a snooty golf course subdivision with an out of control HOA. Folks were constantly coming up with new rules and the subdivision would vote on them and most passed. There was constant snitching on very minor issues in the subdivision, which was like something out of the stepford wives movie. It was so fake, the human aspect was gone.

Once we moved, I decided I didn't give a hoot about what anyone did to their property and I didn't want folks to give a hoot about what I did. Bought acreage with trees and woods so you can't see the homes from the road or from each other.

I don't care if neighbors don't cut their grass, I don't care where they park or what they do. I don't care if they have RVs or boats or 18 ugly cars or if their house is orange and purple or if they leave their trash cans on the road for a month.

Life is pretty darn enjoyable living like this.

we got neighbors like that! They got the stupidest laws on the planet.. like if you let your grass get too long, you get FINED, if your dog barks longer than 5 minutes, you get FINED..
I mean, it's like living in prison, imho! I cannot stand these people! I swear, they NEVER talk to you, but they sure don't mind talking ABOUT you, behind your back! I wish I DID live somewhere way out in the middle of nowhere where you didn't even SEE your neighbor, that's much more peaceful!
Plus too, our pets are often waking up in the morning PUKING, cuz the locales all INSIST on having these "perfect" pristine looking green lawns, which are all COATED with these dangerous pesticides.. which are TOXIC!
Yeah, it's a "SAFE" place to live alright, rotflmao!

It's certainly NOT safe. I've seen many posters in our area, that stated our area has the 2nd highest cases of Breast Cancer in the nation! Duh.. do you THINK it's cuz they put PESTICIDES all OVER their lawns.. and the stuff is flowing into a nearby popular Sound near the coast???
There's also a TON of aggressive dogs running loose in the area! There's a STATE law out there, saying you MUST keep your own dog on your own property, unless they are on a leash.. but so MANY people I see think it's perfectly OK to let their dog roam!
They let their dogs roam who are big aggressive dogs too. If they DO have a fence and a big aggressive dog, they don't bother to put the dog INSIDE the fence! Instead they allow the dog to play ALL the time, outside the fence, putting people's lives in danger, not to mention their pets too!
Many of these dogs have NO collar whatsoever, and therefore, you don't even KNOW if they've had a rabies shot.
This is the mainland, where rabies is definitely present, so this is DANGEROUS!
Do you THINK the animal control officers are DOING anything about this? Nope! They certainly are NOT!
Instead they run around following all the people who actually follow the local laws & claim they're not picking up their dog's feces! It's absurd!
This whole state is absurd! Don't move here, you'll be putting your life & your health into jeopardy.
What's so WEIRD is you're right, there's no human aspect anymore to this area.. It's almost like they don't really CARE if their fellow humans even stay SAFE, or alive!
It's madness here...

Old 09-13-2011, 11:08 AM

675 posts, read 1,815,872 times
Where do you live Dana? I think there's a lot of places like you said, unfortunately

Old 09-13-2011, 06:58 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Without ordanances you are a perfect candidiate for livig in a HOA;seriously. They exist just because people want such enforcement where they live'otherwsie you rely on good neighbors which mnay may think your not with your views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate