Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 10:37 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,871,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMarley View Post
People get animals, because animals are loving and non-judgmental. The animal control officers in these shows want the people to get RID of nearly ALL their animals, which provides them company, happiness and often safety!
And people, in general, especially these days are often, NOT loving, and are very judgmental! I don't blame people for wanting to have many animals. Animals will be your friends for life, while people will OFTEN leave you in the dust, and stab you in the back!
So how many cats do you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 05:18 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,668,829 times
Dana, have you seen the condition of the animals on those hoarding shows? They are not well taken care of. It starts of with a well-meaning gesture by the hoarder but gets out of control. Hoarding is a mental illness, and the person just cannot take adequate care of those poor animals.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:48 AM

521 posts, read 1,151,093 times
well, some of the animals are not in bad shape at all. Yes, some of the pets are not doing well, I have seen that.
It seems though, it doesn't really matter if the animals ARE healthy, they just want to restrict the owner to only have 2 or 3 animals!
We don't have a cat now,
But we used to have a few dogs at one time and we had a few cats at a time.
I'm really NOT a fan of the show Animal Hoarder anyway, cuz most people who get pets, usually are not treated well by humans in the first place!
I do think that the human race has to be the most cruel of all species. Look they think nothing of insisting that kittens only 6 weeks old, get their ovaries removed from them! That's sick!
there's a lot of laws in the U.S. that England and other countries would never abide by, as far as animals go.
We're definitely NOT an animal friendly country, imho. You look at places in Europe, like France, where people are always allowed to bring their dogs to an outside cafe.
You see the dogs get along well too, since they have not been so abused and restricted like they are here in the states.

My god, the state we are now in, they don't even want you to leave your dog outside when you are at work!!!
What kind of nonsense is that? This is a FREE country? Free for who?? Can you imagine not being able to go to the bathroom for 8-12 hours at a time each & EVERY day, if you are a dog?
That's just cruel. I don't care if anyone agrees with me or not... they don't want you to leave your dog outside, b/c they "concerned" someone might be "annoyed" by it barking at times.
Yet, they think they got a right to start loud machinery, like powered lawn mowers & power tools like CHAINSAWS, of all things, at 7 am in crowded neighborhoods, fire off FIREWORKS at 12 midnight, yet THAT'S OK!
Pffft! whatever....
I'd much rather listen to a dog barking for a few minutes at a time, than a bloody chainsaw that wakes you up out of a sound sleep & keeps you awake for hours on end!
People are so inconsiderate... at least the animal hoarders wanted to start to give the animals a place to live.
Most people in our area, don't even care if you're living under a bridge now, they're that heartless!
Yeah, and it's true! Go start researching all the corruption in our area, and you'll see what I'm saying is true.

Last edited by DanaMarley; 09-15-2011 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 09-15-2011, 09:44 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,683,928 times
Hmmm... good one.

Pet Peeves would be anything to do with my freedom, thus also a NO HOA for me and NO second tax (HOA fees) please. If one is a responsible adult, one does not need HOA on your ass. So NO HOA would be another... been there done that, no thanks!

Now junk cars in the yard would bother me but again I don't live in a trashy neighborhood (everyone have garages here)... so will not have to worry about that.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:49 AM

521 posts, read 1,151,093 times
What is HOA anyway?

And Thanks hueyeats. I finally get a positive response on this forum. Mahalo.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:00 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,777 times
I'll tell you one thing that bothers me and I'm not yet a homeowner: clotheslines.

Ever since my last apartment where people would hang lines of clothes out on the balconies, I have hated them and associated them with low income and poverty. You don't really see that in the nicer areas and in my current complex, its prohibited. Funny, we used to do it when I was a kid but it does look poor from the street.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:08 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,871,992 times
Sun dried clothing smells and feels better than using an electric or gas clothes dryer. You should associate it with people who enjoy the finer things in life, instead.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMarley View Post
What is HOA anyway?

And Thanks hueyeats. I finally get a positive response on this forum. Mahalo.
Aloha!

HOA = Home Owner's Assoc.

In a development / estate town home / mcmansion living, there is a fee you pay HOA to help maintain the look of the property in general (like road / curb appeal, landscaping, trash removal etc.). But your own property's lawn will be your responsibilities. They will also tell you you may need to replace certain appeal to the townhome / mcmansion you bought (like fixing the shutters / sidings if there needs any fixing), cut your lawn if it is too high... basically tell you what needs done so your house is in comparable appeal to the next. AND...

If you don't comply, they will fine you like the government does when you break the law!

All you need to google is HOA fees and nightmares or problems & HOA, you will read tons of stories.

Been there, done that (lived in a HOA controlled community) and really don't like the idea of paying fees on top of the normal taxes for someone else to tell me what to do!
I'd rather have the fee money in my own pocket and hire my own landscaper or even do what needs done myself without someone else telling me, when to do it & how to do it plus how much to spend on it.

Oh and you will have no choice but to pay the HOA fee (hundreds to even a thousand plus for some annually) in these community, if you don't, they can & will take away your house... it is all worked into the closing contract you sign until you sell the house, then another victim takes over.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinGlanzendMotorrad View Post
Sun dried clothing smells and feels better than using an electric or gas clothes dryer. You should associate it with people who enjoy the finer things in life, instead.
ITA! Better than the front loader mold smell in clothes!

Old 09-15-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I, too, always park my car in the garage. My Jeep is 14 years old and looks as good as the day I bought it new (in 1997).

I have a small house and a very small one-car garage. However, I've been able to organize it so that it holds all my storage and my beloved car.

Re: Garage
How my husband shall drool!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate