Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 07:44 AM

521 posts, read 1,151,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryswan View Post
Dana..
You know I think the dogs are trying to tell you how miserable they are all locked up.. moreso, maybe they are screaming FEED ME, PLEASE.

Yes, I hear you about the CT forums.. Its not the Connecticut that it used to be..
actually, people from elsewhere, (other states) still think of it as a high brow place to live..exclusive to the upper crust. Don't they know, Bing Crosby doesn't live there any more.

it is certainly NOT the place it used to be... very sad.. very sinister this place is becoming.. tons of corruption.. lots of greedy, well-off people who have no respect or don't look out for others, to the point, they are putting people lives at risk!

It's getting to be a very unsafe place to live, in many ways.. What i notice first is how HIGH the price of food & gas is.. Hamburger is like $5 a pound in many stores! That's outrageous...
Gas has been over $4 a gallon all summer long! Another I really notice a lot is all these people, instead of taking care of their own lawns, they have enuf bucks to hire these lawn care services that put all these toxic pesticides all OVER the lawn people have to walk their pets by! You see all these little yellow signs warning you to not walk on that lawn if you're a pet, a child or an adult!
To make matters 10 times worse, the lawns are only a few feet away from drains that flow into LONG ISLAND SOUND!
Don't commercial fishermen FISH out of Long Island Sound? Or don't people go swimming on the beaches of Long Island Sound?
Southern New England needs to pass a law that states you cannot put dangerous pesticides on lawns that are within 200 feet of a drain going into the Sound....
Then they are also SO SO insistent that you pick up your dog's feces EVERY time it poops! Now, I've never lived in a place where that was a law EVER!
They just had some news story on tv where they put up a trail in a park, and they REFUSED to let people with dogs walk on that trail!
Wow, that's outrageous.. cuz they claimed people were NOT picking up their dog's poop!
Well, start leaving some TRASH BINS where people can actually drop the bags of poop in, they are FORCED to pick up CT!! To have to carry several bags of poop with you, and hold onto a dog leash, not to mention, fend off ALL these mean dogs RUNNING LOOSE in the state of CT, is very difficult, if not IMPOSSIBLE to do!
I've gone to so many towns, in the state, even though it's a state law you CANNOT let your dog roam off your property, without a leash... where there's HUGE dogs the dog owners are just letting their dogs run loose in a public park!
The state just doesn't seem to even CARE about people's safety, let alone the safety of their pets!
Speaking of safety, every time our pets go on lawns that have that little yellow warning sign on it, we see them puking early in the morning when we wake up!
So... they want to claim that not picking up your dog's poop isn't safe, but there's a TON more unsafe practices going on in this state! But.. seeing as how the state's starting to go down the tubes, that will probably be par for the course! What a sad state of affairs this state is showing in the last few years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 08:01 AM

Default What makes an area trashy to me, is the lack of safety

Oh, speaking of safety, they just arrested a female legislature in the city of Hartford at night, claiming that she didn't have her car registered or insured. She was a middle aged Black lady who worked for the State and she had correctly registered the car. However, the FEMALE officer, who arrested her, inputted her old registration in the system when she blocked her car and stopped her, after she dropped a friend off an apt. complex, instead of her new registration.
The black lady was forced to have to walk 3 miles back home at night from a not so safe neighborhood in Hartford, to her home in West Hartford. I just cannot believe this state.
This was a female police officer who did this to her! I'm shaking my head here..
Oh, speaking of safety, did anyone hear about that Granby, CT cop who ran over the 15 year old boy who was driving his bicycle home one night and killed the boy. The cop was drunk at the time he ran over the 15 year old with his car.
Now the Granby cop wants his job back! You must be kidding me.. Gosh, how would you like to live in the town of Granby, and have to fear for your life, an irresponsible, cop who thinks he had the right to drive drunk going 70 mph in a 35 mph speed zone will again be acting as one of your police force?
This is pure madness! The town of Granby, thankfully, is fighting this, but he's hired an attorney who's also wanting the town to pay him back $50,000 for lost wages!
That to me, would make a town seem very trashy, not just a neighborhood, if that were to occur.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:09 AM

Default so well said meinglazend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinGlanzendMotorrad View Post
Snooty people do what looks good, not what's better for them.

Yup, they sure do...they start losing their common sense, so they can "keep up with the joneses"

What are you supposed to do, not hang your undies on the line, and then have to drive to a laundrymat to go get your underwear dry??

did you ever notice when you take your clothes out of the washer at a laundromat and put them in the dry, the stuff that falls on the floor always happens to be your underwear? Yuk!

Old 09-19-2011, 08:13 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,871,992 times
You know you can edit more stuff into a single post right?

Old 09-22-2011, 08:05 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
I just got my dog a few days ago and it's a Maltese/Bichon mix; both are known for separation anxiety, so my dog does bark a bit when I leave it in the dog run by itself in the morning before going to work and the evening before I go to bed, but it's never for that long and the dog only barks for a couple of minutes. Hopefully as the dog settles in, it will get used to this routine and will bark less. I don't think my dog makes my neighborhood trashy.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:37 AM

No, a dog barking a bit doesn't make a neighborhood trashy. What makes a neighborhood trash, is stuff that puts others safety or other pets at risk!
You consider what people think of New Haven, CT now.... it's the city where the college Yale is located, a very well known, famous college, but now New Haven is known for its high murder rate instead!
Sad, and CT needs to be known for all the mean dogs that run loose in crowded neighborhoods, that the local animal control officers don't really do a THING about! That's also dangerous. I was traveling in the state of CT, and just saw a huge dog just roaming loose near a busy street, in a crowded neighborhood. As we traveled down the street, this dog owner happened to be walking its small dog on a leash.
There's nothing to stop a mean dog from attacking a little, small or friendly dog! Nothing at all. When you stop and consider you're walking near a busy street and you may be forced out into the dog to try to get away from the mean dog, you could end up losing your life, being accidentally hit by a car! I think the southern New England State of CT has become very trashy in the last few years.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:36 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times
Umm, is this the dog thread, or the trashy neighborhood thread? Seems to have morphed from the latter to the former.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:38 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Umm, is this the dog thread, or the trashy neighborhood thread? Seems to have morphed from the latter to the former.
I think it is somewhere in the neighborhood of the trashy dog thread....

Old 09-23-2011, 02:12 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Not sure...I thought it was turning into the "Nothing is right in CT" thread.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:09 PM

Default Or, maybe it's the god forbid you speak your mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
Not sure...I thought it was turning into the "Nothing is right in CT" thread.
Thread, and don't dare say a bad word about CT thread instead!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate