Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 06:11 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,947,116 times

Advertisements

Okay, so I live in Morrisville and have a home on a corner lot...the side of my home on the side street side faces the back of a Town Home Community...

Here is my issue....A guy who is in one of the townhomes parks his 2 racer bikes {ninja bikes} on the street and walks to his house...He doesn't park them in his driveway or garage...He continually idles these bikes and races them at odd hours...I don't understand it....I politely asked him why he parks there and that most of my bedrooms in my home are on that side of the house and it's been a nuisance...he said he has a right to park anywhere he wants...wtf??? I understand people have the right to own motorcycles within the community, however being courteous shouldn't be like pulling teeth...He works odd hours and comes home 1/2:00 am and idles the bike, sometimes starts the other one, so there are 2 motorcycles idling on the street waking me up...

I contacted the HOA and they are telling me that people are permitted to park on the street and they can't enforce it and that I need to contact Morrisville Police because it's a noise issue. I explained to the HOA that the Morrisville Police told me this is an HOA issue. Who do I believe? Meanwhile my sleep is being disrupted night after night...

I talked to few neighbors, one being in the Town Home Community and she told me that the neighbors complained and that's why he stopped parking the bikes in his driveway/garage and moved to the street...She told me one couple just had a baby and it was a nuisance...well...how is it any easier for them with the bikes parked on the street behind their home?

I just moved here in June, I have a private home on a corner lot and never imagined I would be dealing with this crap...

What are my options?

If I call the Police everytime this occurs, most likely by the time they respond {if they respond} he could very well be inside by then...I honestly don't think this is the route to go...The Police have better things to do with their time...especially if this is taking away from an emergency....I feel this is an HOA issue and they need to better enforce controls...I suggested they put "No Parking" signs along the road that are behind the Town Homes, they said they wouldn't do that...The HOA is down right nasty and rude too, they don't want to be bothered...

Am I being unreasonable?

Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 06:21 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
What are my options?
Drain the oil when he's not looking?

Old 09-12-2011, 06:21 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,847 times
I don't think you're being unreasonable. You tried to talk to the guy which is more than the majority of society would do. Most people would just call the police since it's the easiest route. You didn't get anywhere by talking to him. He obviously doesn't care. Neither does the HOA or the police.

My opinion on the matter is it's now time to handle it yourself. Since he gets home late at night most likely he sleeps in late. Since the bikes are parked on the street they are an easy target. Get up one morning and rent a Uhaul. Run over the motorcycles and return the Uhaul. Problem solved!

Old 09-12-2011, 06:54 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
I don't think you are being unreasonable IF he is reving those engines at 1 AM or 2 AM.

I would think you were being unreasonable IF he was just coming home from work at that time and had no choice but to ride those bikes (maybe he has lost his driver's license)?

Depending on how unpleasant he was the first time, I may talk to him again. Not about where he parks but about the noise at 1 AM or 2 AM.

If that doesn't work, I would contact the police as there is a noise ordinance.

If that doesn't work, have you tried ear plugs?

Vicki

Old 09-12-2011, 07:02 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,947,116 times
why was this moved???? This is specific to NC {Morrisville} and an HOA???

Old 09-12-2011, 07:19 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times
I've got a truck with a big galvanized steel bumper...

Old 09-12-2011, 07:36 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
And I can tell you Morrisville PD has nothing better to do. Maybe this will take time away from them giving tickets to people who drive 2 inches over the yellow line to get to a turn lane.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:34 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
I was thinking this morning when I was running, the HOA is probably not being nice to you because they have been listening to complains for weeks or months about htis guy and they probably just got him to move from their parking lots and are not interested in having him back any time soon.

I would still stay on MPD to get them to do something. You might have to set up some type of recorder to convince them it is a problem before they will come and take measurements.

On the other hand, a house backing up to a street is not exactly a private wooded lot, so you might have to invest in a white noise machine or a fan to block it out as if the noise is under the decibel limit, you are probably screwed.

Do you mind saying what neighborhood it is?

Old 09-13-2011, 08:22 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
Okay, so I live in Morrisville and have a home on a corner lot...the side of my home on the side street side faces the back of a Town Home Community...

Here is my issue....A guy who is in one of the townhomes parks his 2 racer bikes {ninja bikes} on the street and walks to his house...He doesn't park them in his driveway or garage...He continually idles these bikes and races them at odd hours...I don't understand it....I politely asked him why he parks there and that most of my bedrooms in my home are on that side of the house and it's been a nuisance...he said he has a right to park anywhere he wants...wtf??? I understand people have the right to own motorcycles within the community, however being courteous shouldn't be like pulling teeth...He works odd hours and comes home 1/2:00 am and idles the bike, sometimes starts the other one, so there are 2 motorcycles idling on the street waking me up...

I contacted the HOA and they are telling me that people are permitted to park on the street and they can't enforce it and that I need to contact Morrisville Police because it's a noise issue. I explained to the HOA that the Morrisville Police told me this is an HOA issue. Who do I believe? Meanwhile my sleep is being disrupted night after night...

I talked to few neighbors, one being in the Town Home Community and she told me that the neighbors complained and that's why he stopped parking the bikes in his driveway/garage and moved to the street...She told me one couple just had a baby and it was a nuisance...well...how is it any easier for them with the bikes parked on the street behind their home?

I just moved here in June, I have a private home on a corner lot and never imagined I would be dealing with this crap...

What are my options?

If I call the Police everytime this occurs, most likely by the time they respond {if they respond} he could very well be inside by then...I honestly don't think this is the route to go...The Police have better things to do with their time...especially if this is taking away from an emergency....I feel this is an HOA issue and they need to better enforce controls...I suggested they put "No Parking" signs along the road that are behind the Town Homes, they said they wouldn't do that...The HOA is down right nasty and rude too, they don't want to be bothered...

Am I being unreasonable?

Help!
Can i ask you an honest question.....and PLEASE think about it and answer truthfully.

How nice or polite were you when you went over there to talk to the guy the first time? Did you try to explain the situation and work out some sort of compromise or did you go over there pointing fingers and demanding something change?

If the HOA is saying it isn't their problem, and the Morrisville PD is saying it isn't their problem then guess what....it's now your problem and up to you to find a solution.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:06 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,419 times
My first thought was ear plugs....... It's a public street with legal parking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate