Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 09:50 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstacyi View Post
@Dmenscha yes i do know but i have no internet right now and please excuse me for posting this from my phone which dont have the red underlines. I am asking the world because the agent is not my personal one. She works for the builders/company and she offered me 180k but also stated if i can give a offer she can take she would try to close the deal for me so that is why i am asking the world.

@rjrmc and manderly6. Thanks!
GET YOUR OWN BUYERS AGENT IMMEDIATELY.

Failure to do this will likely result in your paying too much for the house or buying something you should maybe have avoided due to hidden defects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 10:16 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Do yourself AND your family a huge favor and start searching for your own real estate agent. Financially, This is the single, biggest investment of your life - and pretty high up there on the emotional investment scale, too.

Just because you CAN negotiate a home purchase yourself doesn't mean you should. Hire a good agent to guide and protect YOU. The builder's agent is protecting the builder and their own pocket. Both parties benefit from you paying the highest price possible! What is their incentive to negotiate the lowest possible price? None.

If you have no agent, you may be paying for THAT lack of expert guidance for a long, long time.
Sheesh - you're willing to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a home but not willing to spend a tiny fraction to help make that purchase, possibly even saving you more than the cost of a buyer's agent. I don't get it. Pennywise and Pound stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The builder's agent is looking out for the builder. You need your own agent who will look out for your best interests.

There is no way anyone on an internet forum can tell you what to offer. We don't know where the property is, your local market dynamics / what comparable properties have been closing at.
^^^This

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
GET YOUR OWN BUYERS AGENT IMMEDIATELY.

Failure to do this will likely result in your paying too much for the house or buying something you should maybe have avoided due to hidden defects.
^^^and This
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate