Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 01:24 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times

Advertisements

try American home mtg.
no subprime borrowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
After googling some (a handful) of these..

It appears some are only high risk loans - like Wachovia's Equibank

Looking at some of the sites, it doesn't appear they are closed, just that they stopped doing the big loans.

A list like this can freak people out and should contain better information.

Just looked at their web site, they are also not showing they are closed. Were the mortgages you were doing high risk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 04:58 PM

2 posts, read 6,825 times
Default Homefield Financial in Irvine CA

I just discovered that this company is no longer and I do have some questions regarding my mortgage that they took care of in 2006.

After a little research it appears that they were cited and closed down shortly after my house closed.

Any ideas on how to get some help with my questions?

Thank you

Old 02-06-2008, 05:16 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucilleWray View Post
I am a Loan Officer and yesterday after 5:00 pm I was informed that SCME
Bank one of the lenders that our company does business with closed its
doors that day at the end of their business day.
This is very upsetting to me as my client's were sitting in our office lobby
scheduled to sign their final loan documents and now they do not have a
loan. My question is what happened to SCME Banks accountability to client's
and also providing customer service. It is very rude and unprofessional of
them to not even be responsable enough to give us more notice. Last night I
was heart broken to have to relay this tragic news to my clients insuring
them that I will do everything possible to get them another loan. This has
been a experience both my clients and I will never ever forget. There
should be some kind of legal requirments that lenders should have to follow
regarding closing procedures and the responsability to provide some sort of
advance notice. Please respond back and add SCME Bank to the list.

Wow, I never even thought about something like that. Do the buyers and sellers and you have to wait another 30 days? Maybe go to the big lenders so it won't happen again.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:01 PM

what kind of questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kndaplrgrl View Post
I just discovered that this company is no longer and I do have some questions regarding my mortgage that they took care of in 2006.

After a little research it appears that they were cited and closed down shortly after my house closed.

Any ideas on how to get some help with my questions?

Thank you

Old 02-21-2008, 08:20 AM

2 posts, read 6,825 times
Default Closing documents

Maybe I shouldn't have said questions.

My big thing with Homefield Financials is that they did not do full disclosure on documents.

I actually had to sign twice because of errors that I found. And reviewing again I am not so sure these documents were correct either.

I guess what I have learned through all of this is that it is better to do business locally rather then not.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:47 AM

whether you do business in person, over the phone, or online wouldnt make a difference if the loan officer can contact you when needed.

When I worked at BofA, I had borrowers coming in person to apply for a mortgage. They always complained that I couldnt speak to them during the business day. This wasn't my fault as I had many customers coming into the branch needing help, and sometimes remembering to call someone is almost impossible.

I worked for Lendingtree afterwards, and all I did was mortgages.
I was able to help my clients more, and was there to resolve issues.

Preliminary disclosures are sent out as estimates that may appear at closing.
A lot of borrowers look at the Good Faith Estimate, and want everything to be exact. Now as a broker I go over of the fees before sending out documents. Title companies have their own fees, and it may change in the course of the loan.

Depending on the 'mistakes' of the documents it may not be a good idea to dump them. Most documents are computer generated, and may have some slight error.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,858 times
I had a mortgage w/HomeQ and it was closed out on a short sale that went through about a month before HomeQ was bought out. Fast forward to today and I have no contact info for HomeQ and don't know if my closed account would have been transferred to one of four banks or if HomeQ would have maintained those records. I need to file my taxes and I need forms 1098 and a 1099-C from them but I'm not sure who "them" is at this point. Any advice/guidance would be appreciated!!

Old 07-25-2011, 08:15 AM

56 posts, read 181,122 times
Citimortgage is attempting and has reported delinquent a bankrupt mortgage from Anb Ambro .

I surrendered the house in 2005 , it is now 2011, any ideas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate