Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:49 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesea718 View Post
Jack:

Is there any reason why you are attempting to push my buttons and offend me when you don't even know me? Your post is offensive-sounding - rude and brusque - and I don't think you should treat people that way....you've done the same thing elsewhere in this thread to other folks, if my memory serves me correctly.

BlueSea
Blue, what do you want to hear? You post your situation for the world to comment, and you get offended because someone is giving you answers that you obv don't like the answers?

Please thicken your skin and realize this is meant to HELP your situation, not hurt it. Your object is to sell your house as quickly and for as much $$ as you can get, right?

I'm only trying to be helpful, sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 07:53 PM

16 posts, read 60,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Blue, what do you want to hear? You post your situation for the world to comment, and you get offended because someone is giving you answers that you obv don't like the answers?
I am perfectly able to listen to answers I don't like and my skin is thick enough to handle that - what I don't like is the tone of your response. Other people have remarked on the same thing in this thread Jack - it's you, not me.

And if the way you talk to people is supposed to be "helpful", I think a lot of people would prefer to do without your help. I know I would.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:11 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Again, people get very defensive when they don't like the answers they get. Especially for such an important issue as selling your house.

Trust me, I was in your position. I got desperate but I realized that the market was getting progressively worse like it is today. I lowered my price 15% after the 1st minimal drop and closed about a month and 1/2 later slightly under that price. If I hadn't done that, I'd probably still have that doggone sign on my front lawn.

We are in probably the worst RE conditions imaginable in many parts of the country for sellers.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:19 PM

2 posts, read 8,330 times
Default buyers are wasting my time too

this market is AWFUL

I'm an Ocean County Realtor
I have been busy working with 4 buyers!
One will never commit to anything...he's never married either!
One had an offer on their house but it fell apart...so there goes that....
One actually BOUGHT something...surprised me....
and the last one also is taking their home off the market and "awaiting a better time"
I feel bad for the seller's in this market...
believe me I try to make sure my people are serious before I rack up mileage on my lease, pay for gas, make appointments with anxious sellers...etc.
I've done this a decade and this is the worst I've ever seen it/experienced....thinking it's close to the late 80's...

There are serious buyer's out there
and the reason their offers are lower than
what seller's want, is cause they suffered the loss
on what they are selling....

it's bad all around

anyone know of a good job that PAYS with benefits?

Old 08-29-2007, 08:32 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,451,949 times
I can understand your frustration, but I have to admit that I did make appointments to look at houses when we went to visit Raleigh. We were going to hear back about a job interview and didn't want to fly back to look at houses if my husband ended up getting the job and we had to move right away. He didn't get it, and now we're considering other places. I'm sure that it frustrated the buyers, but it's part of selling a house. If you asked your realtor to make sure they're serious, I don't know how they could do that. In this market, it seems to me that you take what you can get. If I was a buyer and the seller wanted an explanation and pre-approval just to look at the house, I'd move on...

Old 08-29-2007, 08:49 PM

982 posts, read 3,487,163 times
It sounds like the market where you live is the same as a lot of other places. There's a lot for buyers to choose from and they are taking their time in making their selections. There's nothing wrong with shopping. It sounds to me like you may need to talk to your agent about how to show your home...you may want to set showing hours to times when you and your family are normally out of the house. If you're trying to sell your home and it bothers you that people are coming to see it...are you sure selling is really what you want to do?

Old 08-29-2007, 08:53 PM

72,417 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grass Is Greener View Post
Hum, i think that would be too much. Almost like a store asking me to show my credit card before I can enter the store.

I actually just bought a house and when I went to see it for the first time I didn't have a pre-qualification letter, just to give you a REAL example.
Here is almost all the agents would present an offer with a prequial letter. When I get offers or multiple offers on a property I am selling,almost always I will get a prequal letter,if I don't see one I would let the other agent know that,I won't present it without it. I can present it,but that offer might not be somthing that the seller would want to see.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:54 PM

345 posts, read 1,578,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
I can understand your frustration, but I have to admit that I did make appointments to look at houses when we went to visit Raleigh. We were going to hear back about a job interview and didn't want to fly back to look at houses if my husband ended up getting the job and we had to move right away. He didn't get it, and now we're considering other places. I'm sure that it frustrated the buyers, but it's part of selling a house. If you asked your realtor to make sure they're serious, I don't know how they could do that. In this market, it seems to me that you take what you can get. If I was a buyer and the seller wanted an explanation and pre-approval just to look at the house, I'd move on...
then you weren't really "ready to go" and i would not have wanted to show my house to you, sorry....

this to me is a time waster and yes i would have chosen to say no...
sorry...

Old 08-29-2007, 08:58 PM

345 posts, read 1,578,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish Thompson View Post
It sounds like the market where you live is the same as a lot of other places. There's a lot for buyers to choose from and they are taking their time in making their selections. There's nothing wrong with shopping. It sounds to me like you may need to talk to your agent about how to show your home...you may want to set showing hours to times when you and your family are normally out of the house. If you're trying to sell your home and it bothers you that people are coming to see it...are you sure selling is really what you want to do?
o guess what i meant to say was ....no i don't mind showing the house to REAL BUYERS...... not ones who are NOT ready to go...

i don't think that means i don't want to sell, i just can tell when my time is being wasted.............kind of like having to repeat yourself over and over and over again!! lol!!

Old 08-30-2007, 02:24 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Hi Blue! First of all, you have my sympathy. I understand. I have been trying for 2 summers now to sell my home. I've already lost 50K or more. Personally, I would accept 14K less. In a heartbeat. The prices/values are only dropping and in 6 months you could lose another 20K anyway.

One of the experienced brokers in my area has stopped taking new listings unless you absolutely have to sell. At any price. He says it will take 4 years for the market to recover. 3 years to sell current inventory, failed listings, forclosures, and short sales. Then 1 more year to realize any appreciation. I think he is probably right. If you look at real estate trends, the cycles are usually long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate