Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 04:07 PM

11 posts, read 33,882 times

Advertisements

As per my thread below, and as promised I am going to be winning in the court against the woman that has that stupid inspection guy come to my home before she closed on my home lol!!!!!!! wuuuuuuhahaha!!

//www.city-data.com/forum/forec...utrageous.html

Just got off the phone with my lawyer.....he said we will win 150% because after going into Attorney Review, the buyer b#*%h woman did not send the Earnest Money Deposit, within the required 12 days time or what ever, and then after that she had that stupid old ugly inspection guy come in a took stupid photos of meaningless problems like "Termite Tracks" (no termites, just tracks!! lol!!), and the broken front steps, and other stuff he said was wrong, and said that she is not going to move forward unless the list of things are fixed and I said NO I will not fix them because you are a moron!! lol!!! The joke is on her, that b#*&h.

My lawyer said the judge will love my case and award us instantly for damages because the buyer did not send the earnest money deposit within the specified limited duration window...

My contract says that the inspection is done after the earnest deposit and the attorney review.

She will not win this case against me! lmao!!!

Question: How soon do you guys think it will take to go through the court system and how much money will I get for damages from this buyer woman b*#&h who backed out on the deal???

Veronica "Barbie" McCann
Buffalo NY

Old 12-25-2011, 04:12 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theprofessionalnyc View Post
Questions:
How soon do you guys think it will take to go through the court system
I doubt it'll ever see the inside of a Court Room

and how much money will I get for damages ???
In the event it ever did get to Court... I suspect you'll get zero.
But do be sure to post back with the actual progress you make

Old 12-25-2011, 04:30 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,984,771 times
I can't wait to hear the ending too. How were you damaged besides any time it was off the market while the contract was pending. Did you refuse any back-up offers while it was under contract? How much money have you lost or is it just "pain and suffering"?

Do you think the judge will "force" the buyer to buy your house?

Old 12-25-2011, 04:39 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Question for you. Did you figure out who the idiot was and how they forced you to sign the contract?

"Some idiot put in my contract some retarded inspection contingency clause"

Old 12-25-2011, 04:43 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,365,861 times
A home inspection is the last opportunity for a buyer to get out of a deal before losing his earnest money. Any excuse will do, they're able to walk away. At least this was the case in the 4 states we've lived in. You will get nothing. Unless you ask the buyer to waive the inspection you are leaving the door open.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:14 PM

4,281 posts, read 12,666,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Question for you. Did you figure out who the idiot was and how they forced you to sign the contract?

"Some idiot put in my contract some retarded inspection contingency clause"
I love it....LOL

Old 12-25-2011, 06:10 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,136 times
Quote:
As per my thread below, and as promised I am going to be winning in the court against the woman that has that stupid inspection guy come to my home before she closed on my home lol!!!!!!! wuuuuuuhahaha!!

Just got off the phone with my lawyer.....he said we will win 150% because after going into Attorney Review, the buyer b#*%h woman did not send the Earnest Money Deposit, within the required 12 days time or what ever, and then after that she had that stupid old ugly inspection guy come in a took stupid photos of meaningless problems like "Termite Tracks" (no termites, just tracks!! lol!!), and the broken front steps, and other stuff he said was wrong, and said that she is not going to move forward unless the list of things are fixed and I said NO I will not fix them because you are a moron!! lol!!! The joke is on her, that b#*&h.

My lawyer said the judge will love my case and award us instantly for damages because the buyer did not send the earnest money deposit within the specified limited duration window...

My contract says that the inspection is done after the earnest deposit and the attorney review.

She will not win this case against me! lmao!!!

Question: How soon do you guys think it will take to go through the court system and how much money will I get for damages from this buyer woman b*#&h who backed out on the deal???
I'm glad you are laughing your ass off because your post (and the one prior to this) makes you come off as a nasty, spiteful, ignorant raver, pointing fingers at everyone else (the buyer, the inspection guy, etc.) but YOU; the person who signed the contract, allowing an inspection contingency and an inspection without the earnest money deposited.

And I don't know what kind of "professional" you are because calling people ugly, stupid, retarded and b*tches in nearly every sentence makes you sound uneducated, uncouth, juvenile and idiotic. You sound like a raving lunatic!

I personally think your lawyer is BSing you because whatever is in the contract stands and that is what I've been told by lawyers. The inspection contingency is the buyer's out, and generally if the earnest deposit money was not sent the contract should not be valid.

Your are wasting your time and there's.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:26 PM

11 posts, read 33,882 times
There were no offers and the home was on the market the whole time (it was not taken off the market )

Veronica "Barbie" McCann

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
You will get nothing.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:31 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,806,338 times
In Texas, the contracts call for mediation. NO judge will hear a real estate case until and unless it's been to mediation first. You're going to lose. Your lawyer sounds hungry for clients.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:46 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,106,143 times
Quote:
There were no offers and the home was on the market the whole time (it was not taken off the market )

Veronica "Barbie" McCann

So you were not harmed in any way.

What happened to the idea of suing the buyer for everything she's worth? Lawyer put the kibosh on that, hunh? The max you could get is the earnest money plus 1/2 in damages.

And then there's a simple thing such as presenting the case. It's one thing to sue (submitting the documents, serving the defendants), it's another to prove your case. And even after all that, the judge who might declare you a "winner" (as I'm sure most of believe you are), then the judge gets to make the award.

I remember in my studies a case of libel where the defendant won (proved his case) and was awarded an entire penny. That was before deducting attorney fees.

By the way, did your lawyer tell you how much it was going to cost you in attorney fees? I know, 1/3 of any judgment you receive PLUS costs. Did you ask for an estimate of those costs? Beginning with document preparation, filing fees, service fees? BTW, those fees are payable - win or lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate