Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2012, 02:07 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunawink View Post
We are trying to sell our home and the pictures that are with the listing I think are not good- they are not bad, but they just don't adequately showcase the "highlights" of the property. Is it uncommon for a client to ask their realtor to have the pictures re-done? Everyone I ask says the pictures look good, but for example, there is no picture showing a full shot of the front of the house, etc. I have other complaints, but I can't tell if I'm just being one of those "picky sellers". Any input would be helpful!
So take the pictures yourself and give them to the realtor and tell them to put those on the website.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 02:23 PM

737 posts, read 2,586,818 times
It was refreshing to hear from the real estate professionals here. It is nice to know that some of you like to hear the feedback. When I switched from one agent to another, the photos (and other levels of marketing) were like night and day. I had the first one use my photos and just got a shrug of the shoulders and yes, I did give a fakey compliment before asking her to use my photos as well as increase the number of photos (some daytime, some dusk to highlight certain areas).

The 2nd agent, who successfully sold the home, took photos and posted them the day she got the listing agreement. They were also staged! She simply re-positioned some of the existing furniture and moved a few plants around and the photos were outstanding. And her descriptions of the various features really seemed above par to me.

I would definitely have no problem asking for a re-shoot. If signage or power lines are in the way, a virtual tour could be a real plus (versus having someone look at the address and surrounding area on google maps which are outdated, usually).

Great replies!

Old 02-24-2012, 11:10 AM

69 posts, read 142,206 times
Thank you for all of the replies. I talked to my realtor and he somewhat unwillingly agreed to get the photographer to come back out and take different shots.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:40 PM

4,281 posts, read 12,663,203 times
Quote:
Thank you for all of the replies. I talked to my realtor and he somewhat unwillingly agreed to get the photographer to come back out and take different shots.
Our first realtor had awesome, staged pics. 2nd realtor had not as good pics but more of realistic sales price (a whole other story) and sold the place.

Great pics, not right price, no offers.

Poor pics, right price, several offers.

SOLD

Old 02-24-2012, 07:13 PM

281 posts, read 712,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdmoney View Post
Just as a more general statement, I'm sometimes amazed at the low quality of photos I've seen that are trying to sell a product for potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars. I would absolutely make sure you're happy with the photos, but we really can't judge on this specific case.
I know, right! I saw one online last night that had dirty dishes in the sink and a messy bedroom, and another with mounds of garbage and rusted old cars in the yard. Both were pending!

Old 02-24-2012, 08:52 PM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
Our first realtor had awesome, staged pics. 2nd realtor had not as good pics but more of realistic sales price (a whole other story) and sold the place.

Great pics, not right price, no offers.

Poor pics, right price, several offers.

SOLD
Imagine if either of these guys took great pictures and listed the house at the right price. Obviously, great pictures can bring people in the door but if the price is not right you won't get any offers. The more people in the door means the more offers you get and the higher the price obtained. A truly effective real estate agent should be able to do both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle-Chest View Post
I know, right! I saw one online last night that had dirty dishes in the sink and a messy bedroom, and another with mounds of garbage and rusted old cars in the yard. Both were pending!
A few weeks ago I saw a listing come on MLS and the exterior shot was taken during pouring rain and from the inside of the agent's car. You could see the rain running down the car's windshield, the reflection of the dashboard on the glass, and part of the hood in the picture. Then when the agent went inside to take photos the lens must have fogged up because all the interior shots were blurry. TERRIBLE and horribly unprofessional in my opinion.

Last summer, I saw an agent post a listing in MLS and the main photo was a close up of the fridge. The third picture was the front of the house . . . UPSIDE DOWN!!

I just don't understand these agents. These photos go out to all the syndication sites (Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, etc) which often lag WAY behind when updating the price and pretty much never update the photos. Some sites don't even bring over all the photos just the main one. So, this yahoo I mentioned before just has a picture of the fridge on some sites.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:14 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
Imagine if either of these guys took great pictures and listed the house at the right price. Obviously, great pictures can bring people in the door but if the price is not right you won't get any offers. The more people in the door means the more offers you get and the higher the price obtained. A truly effective real estate agent should be able to do both.

A few weeks ago I saw a listing come on MLS and the exterior shot was taken during pouring rain and from the inside of the agent's car. You could see the rain running down the car's windshield, the reflection of the dashboard on the glass, and part of the hood in the picture. Then when the agent went inside to take photos the lens must have fogged up because all the interior shots were blurry. TERRIBLE and horribly unprofessional in my opinion.

Last summer, I saw an agent post a listing in MLS and the main photo was a close up of the fridge. The third picture was the front of the house . . . UPSIDE DOWN!!

I just don't understand these agents. These photos go out to all the syndication sites (Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, etc) which often lag WAY behind when updating the price and pretty much never update the photos. Some sites don't even bring over all the photos just the main one. So, this yahoo I mentioned before just has a picture of the fridge on some sites.
I bet the ad read: Buy this refrigerator for $$$$$$$$$ and get a free house!!
I photographed the interior of our house and let the agent pick the ones for the listing. He was all too happy that I took care of it!

Old 02-25-2012, 06:27 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Recently I hired a photographer for a tenant occupied listing. Photos are great, tenant is unhappy. Seller paid photographer to go back out and take new photos - without tenants "stuff."

What's important to you may not be import to a buyer. You need to have a discussion with your broker - you are partners in this venture.
What the heck. The tenant wasn't happy w/ the pictures the seller had taken? I wouldn't think the tenant would have any say, especially regarding the seller having to pay to have pictures retaken. What's the story??

Old 02-25-2012, 06:30 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
If you hire someone to do a good job, they should not be at all unwilling, imo.
I might consider a different more amenable real estate agent if it were me.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:10 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times
Quote:
I think everyone here is very curious to see these photos. Maybe your agent agreed half-heartedly because the photos they took were actually good. Of course, if they felt that way they should have said something. Still, I'd love to see the photos in question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate