Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2012, 12:45 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,995,206 times

Advertisements

This weekend is critical in that I have potential buyers who have to give me a yes or no answer by tomorrow. Without going into too much detail, after I provided my seller's response to their requested repairs I was in a position to give them two major things on their wish list but wanted something from the buyers in return. I don't know if this is "ok" or not to do in the RE business as there is little to no communication between the person responsible for selling my house and me.

So I asked that this information be passed along but did not even speak with my realtor in the process. I was told "we'll see if she wants to do that" and then I sent her an email Friday night explaining things in case she was contacted over the weekend and have heard nothing. So I don't know if she will share the information or not which could have a major impact on the buyer's decision.

I am beyond frustrated. I have never rec'd one return email. I have rec'd a few return phone calls, but that's about it. I feel like I am navigating this process completely blind and starting to wonder if she just dislikes me, doesn't want to work with me, doesn't care about selling the house, is just going to ride out the contract and do nothing. I am clueless. I admit, this situation (selling my house) isn't an easy one to deal with, but it's not my fault that things are happening that are becoming problems out of the ordinary. It is possible she is thinking that I wasn't entirely upfront about the severity of something (having nothing to do with the house or property), but I did not go there as I never anticipated there would be any problems once I was no longer living there.

What should I do? I don't want to confront her as I do not want to antagonize her or she may just really let the contract ride until it expires, which is months out. I was sold on this agency by dealing with one person and since that time have never spoken with or met said person again. I feel like I do not even have a RE agent and am wondering what is going on all the time. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 01:19 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,797,257 times
I don't understand most of what you're trying to say, as you're talking in a cryptic language, but the most I can understand is that your agent isn't communicating, so speak with the broker.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
I don't understand most of what you're trying to say, as you're talking in a cryptic language, but the most I can understand is that your agent isn't communicating, so speak with the broker.
That won't help as my agent is the broker.

And I don't mean to be cryptic, but let's just say I thought I was leaving a neighbor conflict behind me and that no more problems would crop up. The truth is I never could have envisioned that a grudge would extend beyond my living there to what it has become (or what I suspect it has become although I have no proof). To complicate matters there is the possibility that this neighbor is friends with my "agent" as my neighbor works in the same line of business, which is real estate.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:19 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,417,668 times
let's try to make a wee bit of sense here.

1. Property is under contract.
2. Inspection has been completed
3. Some sort of inspection notice was delivered to the seller from the buyer.
4. Seller countered items to be repaired.
5. Acceptance deadline is tomorrow.
6. Seller gave agent instructions to pass along to buyers, and was given a "we will see" response.

"things are happening that are becoming problems out of the ordinary" ?
"am wondering what is going on all the time." ?....and other obsessive type statements leave me befuddled.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
let's try to make a wee bit of sense here.

1. Property is under contract.
2. Inspection has been completed
3. Some sort of inspection notice was delivered to the seller from the buyer.
4. Seller countered items to be repaired.
5. Acceptance deadline is tomorrow.
6. Seller gave agent instructions to pass along to buyers, and was given a "we will see" response.

"things are happening that are becoming problems out of the ordinary" ?
"am wondering what is going on all the time." ?....and other obsessive type statements leave me befuddled.
Having my house vandalized in a neighborhood not known for this is out of the ordinary. And I am wondering all the time if it will continue or not. And it would be nice to know what is going on in terms of information shared with potential buyers and what the "rules" are regarding transactions. I don't know if it's allowed to negotiate back and forth or if once I completed the seller's response that was my last chance to change things. I need to be educated in all of this and if there is a lack of communication I'm not being educated. I asked the question is it ever acceptable.... and have not rec'd an answer to that.

And my concerns are very valid in that there has been more than one offer, then the house is vandalized, and then I have to deal with that and the house the buyers thought they were making an offer on is not the same house (due to vandalism). Not only is this a major worry for me in terms of $ and repairs, but this could mean plummeting prices for me and so if I am a bit obsessed with things, so be it. I am worried and would just like to be kept in the loop.

I know in my work life I've returned all phone calls, responded to all emails, and I'm wondering if this is not the case in the RE world. I guess I'd like to set my expectations appropriately as I don't know how most RE people do things and would like to know.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:13 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Misty... It's hard to understand the point you are trying to make.

You said "The person who is selling your house"... do you have a listing agreement with an agent who represents you ? Is there a Buyers agent that represents a buyer ?

Your agent should be communicating with you and then talking to the other agent. The Buyers agent or the buyer may not be talking.

To answer your question we do communicate with the people we represent. Good thing about RE is no one usually gets paid until you close on the house. It's usually in their best interest to communicate to all parties.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:15 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
i dont know but they sure do it. that is why i quit my own boss would not return my calls when i found buyers for our listings. afraid he would have to share commission?

Old 03-05-2012, 08:17 AM

4,281 posts, read 12,662,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
That won't help as my agent is the broker.

And I don't mean to be cryptic, but let's just say I thought I was leaving a neighbor conflict behind me and that no more problems would crop up. The truth is I never could have envisioned that a grudge would extend beyond my living there to what it has become (or what I suspect it has become although I have no proof). To complicate matters there is the possibility that this neighbor is friends with my "agent" as my neighbor works in the same line of business, which is real estate.
Misty. I think you have to ask yourself why/how trouble seems to follow you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate