Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:39 AM

335 posts, read 1,181,326 times

Advertisements

Hello. I have been reading the posts on this forum and it has been recommended several times to post a MLS number for some blunt feedback. So here goes:

http://www.ggar.com/findhome/handler.cfm?page=report&propertyClass=1&mls_id=113 7076 (broken link)

We have had our house on the market since mid July. We came close this weekend when it was narrowed down to mine and one other. The other one only because of location for the buyer's work. No bites other than that. I would like some feedback on the listing. I have changed the burgundy in the kitchen to now be the same color as the top. Any other comments?

Thanks in advance.

Liz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 11:44 AM

582 posts, read 2,009,594 times
The link didn't work for me, can you just go to the website and post the MLS# off of there? That way we can search the number to find the listing.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:56 AM

2,124 posts, read 8,842,785 times
Liz, your link didn't work for me either. If it is on Realtor.com with pictures and/or virtual tour, that can be posted very easily. Go to R.com, put in your MLS # and city and state, when your listing comes up, copy the url and post here.

shelly

Old 09-10-2007, 12:03 PM

#1137076 listed in Mauldin, SC

Realtor.com only shows 1 picture.

I think the first website is now up again. Try again if you would.
Thanks, Liz

Greater Greenville Association of REALTORS® (GGAR) : Listing Report (http://www.ggar.com/findhome/handler.cfm?page=report&propertyClass=1&mls_id=113 7076 - broken link)

Old 09-10-2007, 12:15 PM

141 posts, read 686,234 times
I could use your link and I didn't really see anything wrong with your house except for the wall paper border in your kitchen. The paint color looks pinkish in there, can you remove that and paint a new color? Other than that from what I've read on here it's always the price.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:18 PM

Default ?

I thought about removing the existing border, but I was not sure of the lease painful way. The colors above and below are actually a tan color although I can see where it is not depicted so well in the photos. Any great ideas on how to remove border without messing up the walls above or below so I won't have to repaint everything?

Liz

Old 09-10-2007, 12:25 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffandliz View Post
#1137076 listed in Mauldin, SC

Realtor.com only shows 1 picture.

I think the first website is now up again. Try again if you would.
Thanks, Liz

Greater Greenville Association of REALTORS® (GGAR) : Listing Report (http://www.ggar.com/findhome/handler.cfm?page=report&propertyClass=1&mls_id=113 7076 - broken link)

Liz, Here are my comments..

Front of House - Very nice, well manicured. Looks good! Good job by the person who took the picture. Only thing I could think of was maybe the person could've "zoomed out" a tad to make the property look even larger?

Kitchen- A little too white for my tastes, reminds me a little of a hospital room, but not bad. Everything is in order and looks 'crisp'. Nice overall.

Living room - Like the colors here. Very tasteful & nice. Hardwood always a plus.

dining room- Another nice room from what I can see. Nice Hutch & table (my wife isn't crazy about the "glass" table, but I like it. Umm, who picked out the "snake" rug? Do you have something a little more neutral? Overall though, vnice.

bedroom- Looks a little cluttered here (I know its a small room). Maybe the pic could've been taken at a different angle?? Get rid of that treadmill for this pic to give the illusion of a larger room.

backyard- Nice Deck, is it in good shape (ie waterproofed, etc..)? Maybe some plants along the screened porch would be nice to mix it up a little. The fence surrounding your prop bothers me a little (a little cheap looking. How about a nice vinyl fence?), but that can get expensive...

Overall, this house looks very nice! Hope this helped, I tried to be frank.

Hopefully it's priced right!

Last edited by CouponJack; 09-10-2007 at 12:53 PM..

Old 09-10-2007, 12:43 PM

Liz, very nice home. Here are my thoughts:

1- remove the treadmill. Need to make that room look larger.

2- I would like to see more pictures. Where is the eat in portion of the kitchen? another view of the Den with the fireplace dominate? is there a formal dining room?

3- I like to see more pics on Realtor.com as well. If your agent doesn't do showcase homes (she needs to be paying extra to do it), she can always do a virtual tour and attach it to her listing for additional photo's.

4- Pic of the screened porch? I'm looking for your WOW. Each home needs one. You have a very nice home, and I love your HW floors, just want to find the WOW and feature it. If screened porches aren't too plentiful in your neighborhood, that may be your wow... show it off. and the kitchen looks tiny with that angle.

5- for removing wallpaper, I use DIF mixed with fabric softener. But, you will have to repaint. Or add a very large chair rail, lol!!

6- do you have items in the passthrough from the kitchen to the den/dining room? remove them if you do. let that area be open and air-y.

Just my thoughts......

Shelly

Old 09-10-2007, 12:44 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Link works for me. A few more:

1) If the green room is your Master Bedroom, get rid of the treadmill and the two bedside tables near the door. The oversized furniture makes the bedroom look tiny, and people like large MBR's.

2) The "paint roll" or "blotch" technique used in the Dining Room needs to go. Or if it's wallpaper, take it down. Sorry. Paint it a neutral color. Also, the sheers on the windows in the Dining Room give it a "ghostly old home" look, which it's not at all.

3) Not a big fan of big privacy fences, but it appears you are on a curve or on a corner, so you probably are better off with it than without.

If you've only been listed since July, that's only two months. That's nothing!

HTH!

Old 09-10-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Overall, this house looks very nice! Hope this helped, I tried to be frank.

Hopefully it's priced right!
Jack, don't be Frank!! Just be yourself : )

shelly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate